[SOLVED] Old HDD Install to new Laptop

May 15, 2021
Hello, sorry English is not my main language.
I have question.

I have an old HDD with 2 partitions. C:\ for windows 10 systems, and D:\ for data. I plan to keep and keep local D: \ on my old HDD.

Can I directly install my old HDD to a new laptop which is SSD with C: \ its Windows 10.?

Will my new laptop replace local C: \ on my old HDD with the new volume and then I can wipe the System on the old HDD?

Thank you.

Solution
Previously, thank you for answering my question.

What I want is to keep the Local D: \ data from my old HDD.

My Lenovo laptop has 512GB NVme SSD installed and the Windows system is installed in local C: \.

Previously I had an Asus laptop with partitioned 512 GB HDD, Windows system installed on Local C: \ and Data on Local D: \

What I want to ask is whether this old HDD from my Asus Laptop can be directly installed into my Lenovo Laptop. Will the Windows system replace local C: \ on the old HDD with the new volume?

I have confirmed that my Lenovo Laptop has a slot to accommodate HDD with SATA.

In this case the laptop will boot with the drive you selected or the first drive with an operating system.

Windows will reassign...
Can I directly install my old HDD to a new laptop which is SSD with C: \ its Windows 10.?

Only if it's the HDD has SATA interface and it fits into the SSD slot.

Will my new laptop replace local C: \ on my old HDD with the new volume and then I can wipe the System on the old HDD?

Can you please elaborate? What do you want to do exactly?

Reactions: NRA1995
May 15, 2021
Can you please elaborate? What do you want to do exactly?

My Lenovo laptop has 512GB NVme SSD installed and the Windows system is installed in local C: \.

Previously I had an Asus laptop with partitioned 512 GB HDD, Windows system installed on Local C: \ and Data on Local D: \

What I want to ask is whether this old HDD from my Asus Laptop can be directly installed into my Lenovo Laptop. Will the Windows system replace local C: \ on the old HDD with the new volume?

In this case the laptop will boot with the drive you selected or the first drive with an operating system.

Windows will reassign the letters for your drives accordingly. Your HDD probably will be assigned the letter D and E. But everything on the HDD will remain unchanged.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts