Question On a quest for a new case!

May 1, 2019
I'll try and keep this short. I came here some time ago in need of assistance with a computer build. After seeing recommendations, referring to other forums and doing some research, we then finished off with this build:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/b7qhbX

My only problem is that I can't find a case suitable or one that I am comfortable with. I'm not too fussed in regards to lights and all the fancy stuff, only if it's needed. I did manage to find a few cases online that I did like the look of but with every case I look at came with additional cons. That's what I get for looking at unbiased reviews I guess. I would like to try and keep it as cheap as possible but I'm willing to pay extra if I know it will do the job correctly.

This will be my first time building a computer so please don't make things too complicated for me :D

I look forward to seeing your recommendations!

May 1, 2019
Sorry about that. I'm basically looking for a case that can keep everything cool with pre-installed fans and I would prefer most of the colour of the case to be black if possible. I would also like it to be quite easy to build in, spacious and nice cable management as it will be my first time building a computer. I'm not exactly sure what else I need to look for regarding cases.

I'm trying to learn for the future so that I can help my friends and family build computers if that time ever comes, thanks in advance!

The first requirement for a case is that it can hold all of your parts.
You have a ATX motherboard so you need a ATX sized case. M-ATX or ITX will not do.

If a case has at least two. 120/140mm front intakes it will have adequate airflow.
If that front intake has a easily removed, washable filter your parts will stay clean.

Looks count.
Bust your budget to buy a case that you love.
It will be with you for a very long time.
I can not say what looks good to YOU.

Any modern case is easy enough to build with. That would not be my criteria unless you anticipate constant insertion and removal of parts.
Once built, we tend to leave things alone.

Cable management is mostly an aesthetic thing. Perhaps more so if your case has a window.

Case fans are easy to install and to swap around.
That would not be a decision factor to me.

For a premium quality unit, look at the lian-li cases.
Here is the LIAN LI PC-O11AIR
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?reviews=all&Item=9SIAFST77Z7467

May 1, 2019
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

You have made some great points and I will put them to great use when I go searching for my next case.

I'll check out that link you provided and use that as a reference :)

So on your first paragraph, u said u came up with a part list based on recommendations, so u never actually build this? because then u said this will be your first build. Then after all the posting then you said, for my next build... how soon is this going to happen anyway, seems all so theoretical.

May 1, 2019
I initially posted a question on this forum asking for recommendation on buying a prebuilt computer from CyberPowerPC. Long story short, people mentioned that there have been problems with CyberPowerPC in the past and they wouldn't personally recommend it due to the bad PSU I believe. Some awesome people here gave me great ideas, explained some parts in great detail and helped me understand some parts better.

Here is the link to that thread I mentioned for reference: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/choosing-a-computer-on-cyberpowerpc.3476387/

I would respond to the previous thread that I initially posted in but I didn't think it was needed if I only needed a case. Plus I didn't want to keep pestering them haha.

My knowledge with computers and parts are not good but I'm trying to slowly learn. This will be my first time building a computer which is why I was asking for help, I literally have no idea which parts work better than others. The only reason I went to another forum and asked for some help from some friends, was because I always second guess myself and I'm getting advice from random people on the internet. I'm sure you're all very knowledgeable when it comes to your tech, but I personally just wanted a second opinion.

I don't mean to come off rude in any way, I just really don't want to waste any money and I'm just trying to be careful. Sorry if I confused you in any way :p

If I find the right case that I believe is the right one for me, compatible and keeps everything cool, then I'll probably try and get all the parts this month :)

D

Deleted member 14196

and it has nice filtering! I am ready to pull the trigger on it myself as I piece together parts, waiting for new Ryzens... mmmm

May 1, 2019
Yeah I heard a lot of talk about a new Ryzen. No idea whether that was good or not but I wasn't sure if it was worth the wait or not as I don't do well with technology and all that stuff :D