On boot - Black screen A2 code on bottom right.

quicksterdnb

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
mobo:Z97S SLI KRAIT EDITION
Samsung SSD - Windows and games are installed here
WD HDD - Everything else is put on this one.
Windows 7

I installed an ISO mounting program called Gizmo Central onto my HDD
http://loganmueller.info/gizmo/download.html
After installation it said that it needed to restart. After it restarted I got a black screen with an A2 code. The screen will go completely black, and then it will back to the screen with the A2 code in the bottom right. It won't boot up BIOS, unless I do 1 of 2 things:

1. power off the pc, unplug the sata cable from the HDD, power pc back on, bios and windows will boot up. I can then turn the pc off, plug the sata cable back into the HDD, and it boots up fine into windows, but if I reboot again, it goes back to that black screen with the A2.

2. I have put in a disc into the dvd drive, and I do not get that screen. (I've been doing this as a workaround since it's much easier)

I have tried a number of things to resolve this, but none of them have restored my computer to it's perfect working order that it was previous to installing this program.

When I tried to uninstall that program it wasn't even on my installed programs list, so I deleted the folder it was in. This didn't resolve the issue.

I have wiped everything off of my HDD drive. This did not resolve the issue.

I have triple checked that my SSD is the first in the boot order. I even disabled the HDD from the HD boot order entirely. No change...

I updated my motherboard drivers. No change.

It's almost like for whatever reason my BIOS isn't listening to the boot order and doing my DVD drive, HDD, and then the SSD ever since I installed that Gizmo ISO mounting program.

I set the BIOS to factory default settings. That did not fix this issue.

I have use a windows system restore point from 2 days ago when it was working flawlessly. No change.

I'm thinking about reinstalling Windows, but logically it doesn't make sense to do that since the error happens even if I power off/on from BIOS with the HDD plugged in, so it I'm willing to venture that it's not Windows at fault here.

Also the computer used to boot up in like 8 seconds. It's still fast to boot up, but ever since this started to happen, it takes like 15-30 seconds for my usb mouse, and usb keyboard to register after windows starts up. It use to be immediate. My computer is so messed up right now, and I don't even know how it got like this or how to fix it. I'm pretty savvy and can follow directions well, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

quicksterdnb

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
Thanks alot! I just wanted to confirm that I flash the most recent BIOS version to my mother board and it boots up every time to windows now. I'm still running into a problem where all the USB devices take 30-60 seconds to register though. So like:

Windows boots up. You get the desktop. Wait 30 seconds.
You will hear the that sound windows makes when a usb device is plugged in.
About 10 seconds later I will have control of all of my USB devices.

Device manager says that my keyboard and mouse drivers are up to date as well as my USB drivers are too.
I figured maybe a clean install of windows might fix it, but when I boot from my windows disc it doesn't give me control of my keyboard or mouse, so I can't reinstall windows.

There's something definitely wrong here, because I used the same keyboard and mouse to install windows just 3 weeks ago, and windows use to boot up and give me control of all of the usb devices immediatly right when my desktop popped up. I bet there is some sort of bios setting or windows setting that is off.

I've also downloaded all my windows updates. No change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

quicksterdnb

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
I resolved this issue with the mouse/keyboard as well, and will post resolution in case this happens to somebody else in the future.

I typed appwiz.cpl to go to the installed programs list in windows. Found "intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller". I tried uninstalling this. It made my mouse and keyboard not work for about 1 minutes. Windows downloaded some drivers for my devices, and asked to reboot. I rebooted after I gained control back of my mouse (took about 1 minute to gain control again). After reboot, Mouse/keyboard responded right away! Just incase it was a fluke I rebooted another 2 times, and each time the mouse and keyboard are immediately responsive. I'm SO glad that my PC is back to it's original working order.