On BootUp pc shows no signal, able to bypass this when i open bios and then save and restart.

Juan Carlos_1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
How it its described in the title, my pc turns on, everything works fine, the things is that my monitor shows me a "no signal" message. I managed to get into the bios by shut forcing shutdown and tapping Del key on startup. after that just save and restart and the pc boots normally into windows 10, i have a gigabyte motherboard if needed to know. ive had to do this over a month or so, and its getting frustrating. i noticed this started to happen after i went into start > settings > system > power and sleep > additional power settings > on balanced clicked change plan settings > change advanced power settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting and disabled it (did this because my keyboard and mouse were lighting up if i tapped them while the pc was off [didnt fix it] so enabled it back on and did something in the bios that did fix it [did it after i disabled and enabled usb selective suspend and noticed the bootup problem].. i think having disbled the usb selective suspend has something to do with the problem because i installed windows from a USB drive like this video shows from 13:57 to 16:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpqkiaO7q4&list=PLRnHcRQUxuoeQM4-llcMNXTakKZcAAyB6&index=3 i installed windows without a product key, and used it perfectly untill i deactivated USB selective suspend, 3 days ago i bought a windows 10 home OEM digital license and installed it, i thought that would fix having to go into bios to then save and restart to actually boot into windows but the problem persists. pls help built my pc on january all new parts from amazon. pc works perfectly can play all the games i downloaded.

EDIT: what i dont want is to have to erase all of my files and reinstall windows and have the problem persist after i deleted averything.

Solution
Your motherboard supports Q Flash - may help to dl pdf

Before using Q-Flash utility, go to GIGABYTE website to download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your motherboard model. Extract the file and save the new BIOS file to your floppy disk, USB flash drive, or hard drive. And be noted that the USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.

Motherboard web site: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H170M-D3H-rev-10#support-dl

boot into bios and press F10, that should load the Q Flash utility - see page 38 of your manual otherwise

Juan Carlos_1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

thanks, i tried updating my bios but weirdly i cant it says title:'unsupported 16-bit application" "the program or feature cannot start due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of windows. please contact the software vendero to ask if a 64-bit windows compatible version is avaliable" i have a ga-h170m-d3h gigabyte motherboard and looked for 64 bit update but it doesnt work.

disbaling fastboot did work, ive managed to shutdown and turn on my pc 3 times in a row without having to go into the bios.

thanks for the help in the mean time ill be looking on updating the bios too, any help with that?

Colif

Win 11 Master
What motherboard do you have? How are you updating bios?

Most bios these days have a tool built into them that will do the process, a lot also have a feature built into windows but I don't trust it to get it right, least of all on a system that is playing up. YOu should be able to download the bios update file and run it from within bios itself

Juan Carlos_1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

hi it started happening again today, my pc showed the no signal card, and had to go into the bios, save and restart to get it to boot into windows. ill be updating the Bios today later i have the gigabyte h170m-D3H any help with that?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your motherboard supports Q Flash - may help to dl pdf

Before using Q-Flash utility, go to GIGABYTE website to download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your motherboard model. Extract the file and save the new BIOS file to your floppy disk, USB flash drive, or hard drive. And be noted that the USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.

Motherboard web site: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H170M-D3H-rev-10#support-dl

boot into bios and press F10, that should load the Q Flash utility - see page 38 of your manual otherwise

Solution

Juan Carlos_1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

so, apparently it might be fixed by now, tried it around 6 times and the pc booted to windows everytime, thank you for the help. ill update if anything happens.