On Location At AMD's 2012 ExtravaLANza Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]GX60 has an A10-4600M and a 7970M? That's going to be an interesting combo.[/citation]

with the 7970m being the cheaper high end gpu of the two with power similar to a desktop maybe like 660, along with a a10-4600m which is probably similar to a dual core i-series but probably cheaper would probably make it a pretty good budget oriented high end laptop I would think. Its more or less moving the cost of a i7 cpu to fund the more important gpu for gaming purposes on a laptop. Depending on its price, It may be able to shove around alot of laptop recommendations.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Looks fun, but am I the only one who thinks "Never settle" isn't a good slogan for AMD right now, when their CPU-line is basically all about it?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
In image 3 there's a white desktop computer with green light - is that an off the shelf product? looks cool when compared to the 'standard black' stuff. Black's the new biege.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]TomsHardware - JANE MCENTEGART. [/nom]
(No19)
We're pretty sure this can play Crysis.[/citation]

Not without a heatsink for the CPU it won't!

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Most likely Newegg when its released. I think it might still be some time. It looks like AMD did not include MSI in its first batch of Trinity Processors. Also such a system is sure to have driver issues that have to worked out.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]cyclops50[/nom]Rigs in picture #7 and #8 are mine . I didn't even know you guys were there!![/citation]
Nice! We have a little news team in TO so there was no way we'd miss the AMD event. :)

cyclops50

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Nice! We have a little news team in TO so there was no way we'd miss the AMD event.[/citation]

Fantastic. Well I always come here to read the reviewes and I was surprised by the coverage. Keep up the good work guys.

G

Picture 6 of 10 is a liquid cooling reservoir, not braided cables. Fail!

[citation][nom]why_is_it_so_hard_to_be_AC[/nom]Picture 6 of 10 is a liquid cooling reservoir, not braided cables. Fail![/citation]
the word cables wasnt even used. it says tubing, which is usually only used when watercooling is involved.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]cyclops50[/nom]Rigs in picture #7 and #8 are mine . I didn't even know you guys were there!![/citation]

I took those! I was the chick in the Aperture tshirt trying to be sneaky about using my flash while people were trying to play... Sorry about that. :p Thanks for indulging me and my camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.