On Your Lap: Playing With Corsair’s Lapdog

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I could accomplish (and have) a similar feat by getting myself a $4 piece of plywood and cutting, sanding, finishing it.
Then attaching some $5 foam/bean pillow(s) to the bottom of it.

So for less than $15 and maybe an hours worth of work I have something similar.
Put on my keyboard, mouse pad, and mouse.............good to go.

c_for

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
I did this by picking up a Lapdesk
and attaching my keyboard to it with velcro. Offset the keyboard so half hangs off the edge and you are left with more than enough mouse room. It looks a hell of a lot better than this too.

Tykkopoles

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Looks like an ergonomics nightmare to me... I see no elbow support at all, meaning your wrist will have to do a lot of craning to work right. I'll pass. For now I'll stick with my Steam Controller for couch gaming.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I could accomplish (and have) a similar feat by getting myself a $4 piece of plywood and cutting, sanding, finishing it.

Add your logo and sell it for $69

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

So in other words, you made $9 an hour and spent it on a lap tray. Yikes, $9/hour? I would rather spend my time earning more. That's how I like to see things.

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
So in other words, you made $9 an hour and spent it on a lap tray. Yikes, $9/hour? I would rather spend my time earning more. That's how I like to see things.

That doesn't even make sense. So because he spent $9 making something that's all the money he makes? Riiiight.

Personally, I would have liked to see something like this, but cordless.

CircuitWIzardry

Reputable
Aug 19, 2014

Uhhh... Perhaps you should try and figure out your own skills and how to make money. Corsair says the Lapdog without keyboard and mouse will be $89. By building his own (note you didn't disagree with his hour estimate, so we'll use that), he saves $89 (what it would have cost to buy) - $15 (what he spent making his version) = $64. So, if you wish to look at what he is making by building this, it is $64, If he could make that hourly, that's about $133K a year, not a bad job. With the mad math skills you exhibited with figuring his wages for this at $9/hour, I'll bet it more likely you're working McD's that pulling in over $133K a year!

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I have floated a keyboard in my lap for years.. always had a flat place for the mouse close by.. its a bit much for a large board with everything shifting with your body.. just to much to ask..

Status
Not open for further replies.