Onboard Integrated Graphics Gone by 2013

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
aero isn't the problem, my ancient integrated nvidia 6150 does Aero perfectly with no "lag". HD is another point, but who in their right mind wants their PC to display HD video? How many people even have an 1080p capable monitor besides hard core users? At 1680x1050, my IGP does just fine using CPU support. I have pretty good vision, and I don't think you can appreciate HD on a screen under about 30" - just my opinion. If I'm going to watch blu-ray, I want it on a big screen - at least 50" but better yet my projector. And I'm not going to force an "HTPC" to drive it - $$$ for software to decode it, blu ray drive, case, mobo, etc., etc. Don't get me wrong, I actually love MS WMC to record ATSC HDTV for free, it looks fantastic on my 720p projector at 100". But I'd have to spend at least $200 to add blu-ray support. For what? A handful of movies I want to see each year on blu-ray? I'm waiting for 1080p projectors to come down in price for that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.