[SOLVED] Once Turning PC On, Temps will sit at ~95C for about 5-10 Minutes. (SPECS BELOW)

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
Hey, For some reason 3/4 times when I turn on my PC, the TEMPS would avg ~95 and fans will be BLASTING to 100% while I know this isn't the case.

After 5-10 minutes the the temps would go down, so will the fan speed, (I am currently writing this with 95C and 100% FANS, YAY)

fcg2QRh.png

Few Minutes Later:
7cJMsB0.png

Specs:
MB: Z490 Gaming X
Cooling: ML 360R RGB Coolermaster
CPU: 10700K Stock currently due to this silly issue.
GPU: RTX 3080 Gigabyte Eagle
Bios: F6d (Not latest, but I don't have UPS to update Bios, only risked once after buying it)

I've also noticed, as soon as I enter Bios, the speeds and temp would go back to normal, I leave it, BOOM back to 95C for a bit.

If you need anything, please subscribe to this thread and ask questions, I am more than willing to give any information to fix this issue.

Solution
View: https://youtu.be/EQQaUzJEYAY

You do not need a dedicated AIO pump header. If you plug the pump to cpu_fan then in bios make sure the cpu_fan header is set for 100% minimum duty cycle. If you plug the fans into sys_fan header then in bios make sure that header is set for cpu temps, not motherboard temps.

Fans can simply be run from bios as well as the pump. Lighting gets run by your motherboard software, such as Asus Aura, Msi Mystic Light, Gigabyte Aurus etc.

It's an aio, it's just a pump and some fans and some lights, just follow a clear line of steps, what goes where, what controls it, what are the controller settings etc for each part and you'll figure out, no worries. 👍
As I write this, on my CPU all cores are almost idling. But looking at your TaskManager graphs, your CPU seems to be kinda busy with something. With what? Try to findout that on TaskManager's first tab -what software is working so hard for first 5-10 minutes?

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
As I write this, on my CPU all cores are almost idling. But looking at your TaskManager graphs, your CPU seems to be kinda busy with something. With what? Try to findout that on TaskManager's first tab -what software is working so hard for first 5-10 minutes?
95C busy? I highly doubt it. stress testing it brings it to 64C MAX.
Take the cover off the machine and look at the cpu cooler where the fan blows on it. Willing to bet it's caked with dust.

95°C is really hot for a cpu. It's hurting.

It's newly built system. And it's falsely reporting, it's not really 95C

MonsterMaxx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
Something about the cooler isn't happy. Feel the hoses, are they warm or hot? If they are, it's a clear sign that the cooler isn't cooling right.

Cooler seated correctly? I have the Corsair version and there's two different length studs that come with the kit.

Software installed for the cooler? Updated? Looks like there is firmware too.

All your connections connected for the cooler? Mine needs a SATA power and USB along with everything being plugged into a little box. It's worth a Double check.

Kinda sounds like the pump isn't doing it's thing. Maybe a bad one??

I did have evaporation and an eventual starvation on one (an H100), but it worked well for 6yrs on a very overclocked machine.

Reactions: Krotow

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
Something about the cooler isn't happy. Feel the hoses, are they warm or hot? If they are, it's a clear sign that the cooler isn't cooling right.

Cooler seated correctly? I have the Corsair version and there's two different length studs that come with the kit.

Software installed for the cooler? Updated? Looks like there is firmware too.

All your connections connected for the cooler? Mine needs a SATA power and USB along with everything being plugged into a little box. It's worth a Double check.

Kinda sounds like the pump isn't doing it's thing. Maybe a bad one??

I did have evaporation and an eventual starvation on one (an H100), but it worked well for 6yrs on a very overclocked machine.
Well as I mentioned, it only does it for less than 10 minutes and everything will be normal, even for days on end as long as I don't shut the PC down.
I am struggling to find software for the ML360R RGB Coolermaster, mind helping me out with location the exact software I need for it as I don't have one installed but I doubt it's that, but it's worth having.

q4jxbiq.jpg

MonsterMaxx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
Why are you connecting it with USB? It should always be connected. At least mine is. Mine is Corsair, but I'm sure the designs are similar. Are you not using a USB cable that goes from the box to a port at the bottom of the motherboard?

I think the controller controls the pump too. W/o that you may have nothing. Did you update the firmware?

No. Controller control exactly and only the RGB disco stuff.

Mentioned MasterLiquid ML360R cooler connecting to motherboard may become very awkward when motherboard is not made with liquid cooling pump connection in mind :) However it is simple - just connect radiator fans to CPU_FAN connector and pump to nearest free SYS_FAN connector on motherboard. Connect controller and pump USB inputs to USB connectors on motherboard. I assume you already connected all RGB connectors to controller. As next deal with fan and pump control. USB Radiator fans are PWM controlled and pump - DC (voltage) controlled. You can set these properly in BIOS settings under Smart Fan 5 for each used connector. Check how case fan controls are controlled also here - my motherboard had DC enabled at first and I got mad by permanent case fan yelling on 100% (changing to PWM instantly fixed that). Then boot into Windows and set up RGB things - controller firmware and light configuration.

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
No. Controller control exactly and only the RGB disco stuff.

Mentioned MasterLiquid ML360R cooler connecting to motherboard may become very awkward when motherboard is not made with liquid cooling pump connection in mind :) However it is simple - just connect radiator fans to CPU_FAN connector and pump to nearest free SYS_FAN connector on motherboard. Connect controller and pump USB inputs to USB connectors on motherboard. I assume you already connected all RGB connectors to controller. As next deal with fan and pump control. USB Radiator fans are PWM controlled and pump - DC (voltage) controlled. You can set these properly in BIOS settings under Smart Fan 5 for each used connector. Check how case fan controls are controlled also here - my motherboard had DC enabled at first and I got mad by permanent case fan yelling on 100% (changing to PWM instantly fixed that). Then boot into Windows and set up RGB things - controller firmware and light configuration.
While I didn't fully understand what you said, you do make sense, my motherboard doesn't have specific AIO connector which is why it might be causing problem, I do not remember exactly where I plugged them but I will check later, although I do not know exactly what to do because as I said, I didn't fully understand it.

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
I think the controller controls the pump too. W/o that you may have nothing. Did you update the firmware?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJZtm1PRYI

Note the SYS_FAN1 and how it's N/A at the beginning? (It's been like that for minutes, and it comes online at 1000RPM and the temps go down, I think that's the connection to the pump and as to why my temps are HIGH.

Why does that happen?

Also I've moved the connection from SYS1 to SYS2 and currently doing tests again.

N/A at BIOS fan control monitor opening with changing to numeric values is OK. It happen due to lag in BIOS GUI between actual value reading and displaying. GUI in desktop BIOS usually is not fast due to generic video access.

I believe you can left BIOS in peace now. Configure cooler fan and pump behavior in control utility from Windows.

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
N/A at BIOS fan control monitor opening with changing to numeric values is OK. It happen due to lag in BIOS GUI between actual value reading and displaying. GUI in desktop BIOS usually is not fast due to generic video access.

I believe you can left BIOS in peace now. Configure cooler fan and pump behavior in control utility from Windows.
This keeps happening, which I would assume the cable that I have connected to the system fan is the pump, and the fans of the radiator to the cpu fan, I am going to swap those 2 around and should fix the problem I think?

Stephanie_Sy

Prominent
Mar 1, 2021
Thanks for sharing this! Indeed helpful.
Hey, For some reason 3/4 times when I turn on my PC, the TEMPS would avg ~95 and fans will be BLASTING to 100% while I know this isn't the case.

After 5-10 minutes the the temps would go down, so will the fan speed, (I am currently writing this with 95C and 100% FANS, YAY)

fcg2QRh.png

Few Minutes Later:
7cJMsB0.png

Specs:
MB: Z490 Gaming X
Cooling: ML 360R RGB Coolermaster
CPU: 10700K Stock currently due to this silly issue.
GPU: RTX 3080 Gigabyte Eagle
Bios: F6d (Not latest, but I don't have UPS to update Bios, only risked once after buying it)

I've also noticed, as soon as I enter Bios, the speeds and temp would go back to normal, I leave it, BOOM back to 95C for a bit.

If you need anything, please subscribe to this thread and ask questions, I am more than willing to give any information to fix this issue.

Stephanie_Sy

Prominent
Mar 1, 2021
Have you checked what processes automatically gets loaded during startup? Since it only happens for the first few minutes, then it might be one of those startup items. You can either check the Startup tab or view what apps are hogging your resources under Task Manager.

Reactions: CompuTronix

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://youtu.be/EQQaUzJEYAY

You do not need a dedicated AIO pump header. If you plug the pump to cpu_fan then in bios make sure the cpu_fan header is set for 100% minimum duty cycle. If you plug the fans into sys_fan header then in bios make sure that header is set for cpu temps, not motherboard temps.

Fans can simply be run from bios as well as the pump. Lighting gets run by your motherboard software, such as Asus Aura, Msi Mystic Light, Gigabyte Aurus etc.

It's an aio, it's just a pump and some fans and some lights, just follow a clear line of steps, what goes where, what controls it, what are the controller settings etc for each part and you'll figure out, no worries. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: CompuTronix
Solution