[SOLVED] One friend cannot join port forwarded server, but all other friends can.

Feb 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I set up a Minecraft server the other day, and I have successfully set up many in the past. It is properly port-forwarded and I can confirm via. port checker tools that the port 25565 is open on my IP when I launch my server. All my friends and I can join, except for one friend. He can join other distinguished servers, such as Hypixel and Mineplex, but he cannot join mine (but we have not tested if he can join other peoples' port forwarded servers). My IP cannot be connected to on his end through this port, and on his end; nothing in any way signifies that it is open for him. He is certainly using the correct IP; I've drilled him about that.

Any ideas? He is using Optimumwifi and Windows Firewall. He has windows 10.

Solution
Yeah radmin from experience works well. Both install it and create an account and have him join you. From there he should be able to join your server via lan instead of internet using the IPv4 address.

Feb 17, 2020
Have you seen this?

https://www.minecraftforum.net/foru...99811-certain-people-unable-to-join-my-server

Have you tried only having him join?

Has he tried turning off his firewall? Both Windows and wifi device if that's got a firewall as well?
Yes, he has attempted to temporarily disable his Windows firewall, but I am not sure about his wifi device's firewall. Are there any steps he must take in that regard? He uses Optimum, and there is no explicit "Firewall" tab on optimum.

For your other question, he has tried to join in on his own and with other people on the server. The others connect fine.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What's he using to connect to the internet? Im assuming some kind of dongle but not sure.

I suppose their phone uses the same carrier? Wondering if it's possible to try a different internet connection (share from phone) to rule out isp blocking you.

Feb 17, 2020
What's he using to connect to the internet? Im assuming some kind of dongle but not sure.

I suppose their phone uses the same carrier? Wondering if it's possible to try a different internet connection (share from phone) to rule out isp blocking you.

I am pretty sure he is wirelessly connecting to his internet; no ethernet. I will try to see if he can use a wifi hotspot to connect. Thanks for the suggestion.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah radmin from experience works well. Both install it and create an account and have him join you. From there he should be able to join your server via lan instead of internet using the IPv4 address.

Last edited:
Solution