[SOLVED] One HDD showing up as two separate HDDs on Windows 10 ?

AlchoRe

Prominent
Jun 6, 2021
Hey, so I just installed a new HDD (a bit older Seagate Barracuda), but for some reason it shows up as 2 hard drives and not as one, anybody know how to fix the problem ?
It shows up as two separate hard drives ( F: and D:) but it should just show up as one.

Solution
Hey, so I just installed a new HDD (a bit older Seagate Barracuda), but for some reason it shows up as 2 hard drives and not as one, anybody know how to fix the problem.
It shows up as two separate hard drives ( F: and D:) but it should just show up as one.
It sounds like it's partitioned to two partitions....and this will cause it to show up as two drive letters.

If you go to disk management....you will probably see it as ONE drive....with two partitions.
Hey, so I just installed a new HDD (a bit older Seagate Barracuda), but for some reason it shows up as 2 hard drives and not as one, anybody know how to fix the problem.
It sounds like it's partitioned to two partitions....and this will cause it to show up as two drive letters.

If you go to disk management....you will probably see it as ONE drive....with two partitions.

Solution