Question "One Level Up": Use 32x32 Image

Michael20

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Hello,

Is it possible to change the "One Level Up" (in File Explorer, next to the Back/Forward buttons) 16x16 image to a 32x32 one?

Thank you.

Michael20

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
A 32x32 image would be more convenient.
Icons 16817 and 16818 in Windows\SystemResources\shell32.dll.mun contain various sizes. I don't know how to apply 32x32.

Latest Win 10.

Thank you.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I suspect that is somewhere in here:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell

Can't say I know the official name. Might be UP, Back, Previous Folder etc, but I didn't find anything like that.

Just update the entry for Icon with shell32.dll, 16818. Make sure to backup the previous entry in case you make an error. (Or spin up a VM to try this out in)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, something that might be fun to experiment with. Back in the XP days I was always fascinated with building desktop replacements in flash.

I still want someone to make a hybrid e-ink display. Transparent LCD for the mouse pointer and minimal effects, highlights and things. E-ink for the main body and a completely black and white windows experience, akin to more old style GUI OS, static windows that can't be dragged, but with docking and other useful features.