[SOLVED] One monitor in dual monitor system has text and icon size that's too big

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
I am using dual monitor. One big, one medium-sized.

Strangely, this big monitor displays a bigger text (and icon and everything else) size even if I open the same document.

So I can only see smaller scope of the document in one screen when I put the window on the bigger monitor.

This is strange. How can I fix it? I want to adjust the text and icon size of each monitor separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the display resolution for the larger monitor you need to change, based on the recommended or "native" resolution shown in that monitor's specifications sheet on the manufacturer's product page or in the User Manual.

Assuming you have Windows 10, the procedure is explained here:

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
Thank you but this solution really didn't work because both monitors are already set to the recommended largest resolution. Both are set to the same resolution, but I can see a smaller range of PDF document on the physically bigger monitor.. really strange.

It's the display resolution for the larger monitor you need to change, based on the recommended or "native" resolution shown in that monitor's specifications sheet on the manufacturer's product page or in the User Manual.

Assuming you have Windows 10, the procedure is explained here:

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
"Both are set to the same resolution"

They shouldn't be the same, that's why you're having to scroll the image on the larger monitor -- it's resolution is too low for size of screen.

Yes but the problem is this is the maximum resolution that I can choose from the list in "Customize Your Display". Is there any way I can increase the extent of options available under "Customize Your Display"?