[SOLVED] One of my geforce rtx 3060 ti GPU fans is ignoring msi fancurve.

Dec 8, 2022
I bought the Pavilion tg01 prebuilt and one of the fans is constantly spinning around at 3500 rpm. I tried setting up a fan curve but the fan completely ignores msi afterburner while the other fan just acts normally and spins at 1500 rpm.

Solution
Hey, i am happy you saw my question.

I think i stil can return my pc HP assistant said, but does everything i have installed come back after the RMA (this is my first pc)?
There was a bios update.
I have DriverFix installed and i can try to update all other updates. I am not really into the DDU thing.

I am also gonna clean my pc somewhere this week and i will give you an update.
What is IMO?

IMO - In my opinion :)

Okay, so never use something like Driver Fix for your drivers. You do not need to use a 3rd party app for this. It is something you can do yourself, and is mostly easy enough. Please uninstall the Driver Fix software.

If you RMA the entire PC, they may reinstall Windows to ensure that isn't the issue. So yes...
Hey there,

Sadly as this is a pre-built, you will really have to deal with HP in the first instance.

IMO, if the fans are spinning as you've highlighted, this is not normal. It must also be quite annoying!? Is it new? If so, RMA the unit.

Firstly though, are all your system drivers up to date? Latest GPU driver installed by using DDU to uninstall the current driver, and installing the new one fresh?

Is your bios up to date?

As much as I hate HP Assistant (I've an Omen 15 laptop, so know all about it) it is useful for one thing. It will prompt you to install all the latest updates and bios too.

Check that, and get back to us.

Dec 8, 2022

I think i stil can return my pc HP assistant said, but does everything i have installed come back after the RMA (this is my first pc)?
There was a bios update.
I have DriverFix installed and i can try to update all other updates. I am not really into the DDU thing.

What is IMO?

There was a bios update.

What is IMO?

IMO - In my opinion :)

Okay, so never use something like Driver Fix for your drivers. You do not need to use a 3rd party app for this. It is something you can do yourself, and is mostly easy enough. Please uninstall the Driver Fix software.

If you RMA the entire PC, they may reinstall Windows to ensure that isn't the issue. So yes, maybe you will lose some data.

I would suggest contacting HP and asking them first about the GPU/RMA and go from there.

Solution