[SOLVED] One of the CPU on Mac Pro 4.1 not showing up Windows 10

Apr 3, 2019
So I have this old Mac Pro 4.1. It was running macOS Leopard 10.5.8. On the macOS system information I see 8 cores but when I boot on a windows 10 drive which is not bootcamped, i only see 4 cores on CPU-Z. Also when I run cinebench the score of 291 clearly tells me that it is not utilizing that 2 CPUS. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

kanewolf

Titan
Even if the mac doesn't support windows 10. Its a Mac Pro from 2010. And is running non bootcamp windows 10 home. Could it be the drivers or any thing or should I try my bets with windows 10 pro?
The pictures of the motherboard I found, based on your description, show that there are two CPU sockets. Windows home will only work with a single socket. You have to run Windows PRO to use both sockets.

Reactions: mindhacker20
Apr 3, 2019
The pictures of the motherboard I found, based on your description, show that there are two CPU sockets. Windows home will only work with a single socket. You have to run Windows PRO to use both sockets.
It worked!!!! I took a USB and a drive and put it on a regular pc. I wasnt able to install windows 10 pro on the mac. After installation I had to install drivers for graphics card and sound card and boom both of the CPUS were alive. Thank you very much!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS