[SOLVED] One of the CPU on Mac Pro 4.1 not showing up Windows 10

Apr 3, 2019
So I have this old Mac Pro 4.1. It was running macOS Leopard 10.5.8. On the macOS system information I see 8 cores but when I boot on a windows 10 drive which is not bootcamped, i only see 4 cores on CPU-Z. Also when I run cinebench the score of 291 clearly tells me that it is not utilizing that 2 CPUS. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Solution
The pictures of the motherboard I found, based on your description, show that there are two CPU sockets. Windows home will only work with a single socket. You have to run Windows PRO to use both sockets.
It worked!!!! I took a USB and a drive and put it on a regular pc. I wasnt able to install windows 10 pro on the mac. After installation I had to install drivers for graphics card and sound card and boom both of the CPUS were alive. Thank you very much!!

kanewolf

Titan
Even if the mac doesn't support windows 10. Its a Mac Pro from 2010. And is running non bootcamp windows 10 home. Could it be the drivers or any thing or should I try my bets with windows 10 pro?
The pictures of the motherboard I found, based on your description, show that there are two CPU sockets. Windows home will only work with a single socket. You have to run Windows PRO to use both sockets.

Reactions: mindhacker20
Apr 3, 2019
It worked!!!! I took a USB and a drive and put it on a regular pc. I wasnt able to install windows 10 pro on the mac. After installation I had to install drivers for graphics card and sound card and boom both of the CPUS were alive. Thank you very much!!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS