[SOLVED] One of the gpu fans won't spin after updating the driver

Jun 24, 2020
I have a msi rx 570 gpu, after updating the driver I found that one of the fans doesn't spin and only twitches. Not only does one the fan doesn't spin, hw monitor and the driver itself could no longer recognize the fan speed. All of these problems occured just because I updated the driver. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Solution
Well you could roll back the driver and see if that fixes it.

It could just be amd thinking that you dont need the second fan while the card runs under a set temp. You could try MSI Afterburn and set the fans to 100% and see if the fan kicks on.
Well you could roll back the driver and see if that fixes it.

It could just be amd thinking that you dont need the second fan while the card runs under a set temp. You could try MSI Afterburn and set the fans to 100% and see if the fan kicks on.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

Roll back the driver as indicated above. As a general rule don’t update drivers unless you’re having a problem a specific problem that fixes..

Jun 24, 2020
I rolled back tge driver and tried to set the fans to 100% and still only one fan spun while the other is twitching and spun for like 3 seconds before stopping. I then tried to stress test it for 5 minutes I saw the other fan spinning but after I stopped the stress test the other fan won't spin again. I tries to stress test it again and it won't spin, it only twitches and sometimes spins backwards.