[SOLVED] One short beep (beep codes) after installing new cpu, mobo, cpu cooler and ram.

Sep 28, 2020
Hi,
The problem I've got is that when I turn my pc on, right after post I have one short beep code. I tried restarting CMOS but it didn't help. I also run memtest86 but it came with 0 errors. I've checked both ram sticks separately ( one at a time) as well as turning my pc on without my graphics card ( restarted CMOS each time I made a change). My parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VDVVq3

Solution
In the BIOS, find the options for disabling the error checking for mouse and keyboard, and disable them. That won't disable the mouse and keyboard, it just won't continue to check to see if they are present and then stop the POST process or beep if they are not. Reconnect the speaker, if it still beeps after you've disabled that option, and I guarantee that option IS in the BIOS, because it's in EVERY BIOS I've ever seen, then it's beeping because "VGA found" and you can then rest easy knowing there is no reason at all for it to be doing that. You might also look further into your BIOS settings AND make sure you have the BIOS in the advanced mode. Most options are not visible in the EZ modes.
One short beep usually means a successful POST...no problems. Although, it could be possible your BIOS uses different codes. Does your motherboard manual have any information on the codes?

By restarting CMOS I assume you mean resetting it...that's good. Can you install the OS to your system drive?

Reactions: kurdtnz
It means no problems. Pretty sure you can turn the single beep off in the advanced bios options. Or simply unplug the system speaker from the motherboard. If you ever have problems you can always reconnect it to hear the beep codes, if it bothers you that much to hear it.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Sep 28, 2020
One short beep usually means a successful POST...no problems. Although, it could be possible your BIOS uses different codes. Does your motherboard manual have any information on the codes?

By restarting CMOS I assume you mean resetting it...that's good. Can you install the OS to your system drive?
View: https://imgur.com/a/o7FZ7vi
That's what it says in manual. Pc works perfectly and I have OS installed. It's just that when I turn my pc on there is this short beep.

Sep 28, 2020
It means no problems. Pretty sure you can turn the single beep off in the advanced bios options. Or simply unplug the system speaker from the motherboard. If you ever have problems you can always reconnect it to hear the beep codes, if it bothers you that much to hear it.
I tried looking through BIOS but with no luck. I guess I will just unplug the speaker. Thanks

View: https://imgur.com/a/o7FZ7vi
That's what it says in manual. Pc works perfectly and I have OS installed. It's just that when I turn my pc on there is this short beep.
The curious bit is 'no keyboard detected'. Not sure why...maybe you have a USB keyboard and it wants to see it on a PS/2 port?

Also try enabling Quick boot to see if that changes things.

Unplugging the speaker works too :) since it's done it's job for now.

In the BIOS, find the options for disabling the error checking for mouse and keyboard, and disable them. That won't disable the mouse and keyboard, it just won't continue to check to see if they are present and then stop the POST process or beep if they are not. Reconnect the speaker, if it still beeps after you've disabled that option, and I guarantee that option IS in the BIOS, because it's in EVERY BIOS I've ever seen, then it's beeping because "VGA found" and you can then rest easy knowing there is no reason at all for it to be doing that. You might also look further into your BIOS settings AND make sure you have the BIOS in the advanced mode. Most options are not visible in the EZ modes.

Solution