OneNote Upgrade Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack423

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
I recently got windows 10 and all of my programs got updated (Duh), but when I went to open One Note, it had erased all of my notes. I did sign into my Microsoft live account so that my notes could sync, but from what I saw, none of them synced to one drive. Are there local files for my notebooks somewhere on my computer? Am I doing something wrong?

Solution
If you installed Windows 10 over Windows 7 or 8, you miiiiight still have the files from your previous installation in the documents.

OneNote files are stored here:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\15.0
The file itself is called OneNoteOfflineCache.onecache.

Naturally, you'd adjust this based on where your files are being kept from the previous installation of Windows. You may be able to find these in the Windows.old folder somewhere on your drive.

It would reason that if you move that same file to the new location where it would live in the new OS, you'd get your notes back. :)

Hope this helps!

-JP

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
If you installed Windows 10 over Windows 7 or 8, you miiiiight still have the files from your previous installation in the documents.

OneNote files are stored here:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\15.0
The file itself is called OneNoteOfflineCache.onecache.

Naturally, you'd adjust this based on where your files are being kept from the previous installation of Windows. You may be able to find these in the Windows.old folder somewhere on your drive.

It would reason that if you move that same file to the new location where it would live in the new OS, you'd get your notes back. :)

Hope this helps!

-JP

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.