OnePlus Interview: What Comes After One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realjjj

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
For the second phone how they should let the community decide based on price and specs. So you list major parts and a close enough price (including the margins) for everything and everybody can choose while factoring in the total. They might end up with 720p and 6GB of RAM but at he very least it will help them understand what users value and quantify that value.For battery size and scree they could also include device thickness.
Just letting users suggest specs without them understanding the cost for each is pointless, doesn't really help the users or OnePlus.
Or you know, they could just take a Sharp Crystal X, reduce the chin by 40% add a bit of their own design style and be done with it since nobody else is doing it.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I bought my wife a OnePlus so she could jump ship from her overpriced carrier and she loves. She came from an iPhone 4S. The size is a bit unwieldy. I think my Nexus 4 is perfect, but maybe 5" would work. Hopefully the Two will have 2 sizes :D I'd also love an FM radio, but it is doubtful. I know, I know, it is 2015 and I want an FM radio in my phone. I have to carry around a separate device to listen to my favorite show when I walk the dog. Go OnePlus... errr TwoPlus!

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
After reading this interview, I can say that...I like this guy...with what he portrayed:
transparency (acknowledging/sharing plans, fears, problems, and mistakes),
insight (being very explanatory and seeming well-learned e.g. doing his research and just plain smart/clever),
and others.

Though after reading the TH review of this phone and seeing that it's less than perfect especially in some departments, reading this interview raises my opinion of and buying interest in it.

Good job to both him (Carl Pei) and the interviewer (Matt Humrick)!

Status
Not open for further replies.