[SOLVED] Only Bluetooth is showing up in network adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpljoseph

Honorable
Nov 30, 2015
Hi,

Today my boot drive failed on me. At the present moment i have 2 SSDs and a hard drive in my PC. There's the failed SSD which was my boot drive, an HDD which was my old boot drive before getting the now failed SSD years ago, and a new SSD. After the boot drive failed my PC booted off of the very old version of windows 10 that had been left on my HDD. I'm attempting to get at least functioning ethernet drivers onto the HDD so I can download windows onto the new SSD.

Anyway, into the problem. It has been years since the HDD was my boot drive, and literally every other part of the PC has been replaced around it over the years. I have both ethernet and wifi on my motherboard, and neither were working. I downloaded all the network drivers available on the website for my motherboard to a flash drive and installed everything but the wifi drivers(which for some reason were not able to be installed), and restarted the PC. But, I am still unable to connect to ethernet. When I click to view the network info on the bottom right of the win 10 taskbar it only shows bluetooth and that its disconnected.

My Mobo is the MSI mpg 2390 gaming edge ac.

Not sure exactly what version of windows I am on, but I'll check and edit the post accordingly.

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS