Question Only one slot of RAM works at a time

Jan 19, 2022
Hey there everyone, only the first RAM slot works on my motherboard, and I have yet to figure out why.

Here's my set up:
CPU: Intel i7 6700 (6th gen) 4.00ghz, with 4 cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 water cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte H270 gaming 3 LGA1151 (it is used, and there is no warranty, and it didn't come with the manual, so I use a pdf of it online.)
GPU: evga gtx geforce 960
(NOTE: I initially thought the issue was that the RAM I had bought was not part of the qualified vendors list for my motherboard, which is why there are two different types of RAM.)
RAM: T-Force Vulcan Z, 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz 1.35V
(QVL RAM) Corsair Vengeance LPX, 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz 1.20v

Things I have tried already:
-Testing each stick of RAM to ensure that it is functional, including: testing each stick individually on my motherboard, and testing each stick on a different motherboard, (they are functional.)
-Testing RAM slot combinations:
My RAM slots are as proceeds
SLOT 4
SLOT 2
SLOT 3
SLOT 1
I have tried both types of RAM in slots 1&2, 1&4, 1&3, 3&4, 3&2, and 2&4.
-Using compressed air on the RAM slots to clean them
-Loosening the CPU cooler screws
-Tightening the CPU cooler screws
-Taking off the CPU cooler, and checking the CPU, and slot for damage (there's no damage)
-Going into the BIOS, and turning on the high-performance RAM settings

So far, no matter what thing I have tried, anytime I put a stick of any type of RAM into any other slot besides SLOT 1, my PC starts a reboot cycle that goes like this:
I power it on
All case fans start as normal
Debug light on motherboard flashes between DRAM and CPU for about 5 to 8 seconds
PC shuts off
and this cycle just keeps going and going unless I have the RAM in only SLOT 1.

I have tried researching by looking at a few different articles, and many many different forums. However, I haven't been able to discern what the issue is. I am new to PC building, and this is my first build, so if you can, please explain what abbreviations you're using when you use them. Any help is appreciated, thank you everyone.

Hey there everyone, only the first RAM slot works on my motherboard, and I have yet to figure out why.

Here's my set up:
CPU: Intel i7 6700 (6th gen) 4.00ghz, with 4 cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 water cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte H270 gaming 3 LGA1151 (it is used, and there is no warranty, and it didn't come with the manual, so I use a pdf of it online.)
GPU: evga gtx geforce 960
(NOTE: I initially thought the issue was that the RAM I had bought was not part of the qualified vendors list for my motherboard, which is why there are two different types of RAM.)
RAM: T-Force Vulcan Z, 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz 1.35V
(QVL RAM) Corsair Vengeance LPX, 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz 1.20v

Things I have tried already:
-Testing each stick of RAM to ensure that it is functional, including: testing each stick individually on my motherboard, and testing each stick on a different motherboard, (they are functional.)
-Testing RAM slot combinations:
My RAM slots are as proceeds
SLOT 4
SLOT 2
SLOT 3
SLOT 1
I have tried both types of RAM in slots 1&2, 1&4, 1&3, 3&4, 3&2, and 2&4.
-Using compressed air on the RAM slots to clean them
-Loosening the CPU cooler screws
-Tightening the CPU cooler screws
-Taking off the CPU cooler, and checking the CPU, and slot for damage (there's no damage)
-Going into the BIOS, and turning on the high-performance RAM settings

So far, no matter what thing I have tried, anytime I put a stick of any type of RAM into any other slot besides SLOT 1, my PC starts a reboot cycle that goes like this:
I power it on
All case fans start as normal
Debug light on motherboard flashes between DRAM and CPU for about 5 to 8 seconds
PC shuts off

and this cycle just keeps going and going unless I have the RAM in only SLOT 1.

I have tried researching by looking at a few different articles, and many many different forums. However, I haven't been able to discern what the issue is. I am new to PC building, and this is my first build, so if you can, please explain what abbreviations you're using when you use them. Any help is appreciated, thank you everyone.
If there is a bios update might be worth a try.