operating system help

Davyboy54902

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
So I have a question regarding operating systems. I recently built a new PC and I needed a OS on it, I did not have a optical drive so I decided to plug in my new hard drive (for the recently built pc) into a older pc that had a optical drive. ..I removed the older pc hard drive so the only present hard drive was the new one. . I continued to install windows 8.1 OEM onto the hard drive. . Now when I use my new pc it says my product key is in use by a different pc.. when I'm on my older pc it is using its own OS.... how do I fix this?

Solution
This will erase all personal data so back up any files you want to save!

install whatever OS media you have (Windows DVD or USB)

restart computer

Boot into the media device (may need to press f2, f8, f10 or f12 to get into the bios or boot manager screen from the bios splash screen)

and then follow the windows prompts (note doing a clean install requires formatting your HDD this will delete all data)

Follow all prompts and TADA!

Vudue Priest

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
This will erase all personal data so back up any files you want to save!

install whatever OS media you have (Windows DVD or USB)

restart computer

Boot into the media device (may need to press f2, f8, f10 or f12 to get into the bios or boot manager screen from the bios splash screen)

and then follow the windows prompts (note doing a clean install requires formatting your HDD this will delete all data)

Follow all prompts and TADA!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS