Opinion: AMD, Intel, And Nvidia In The Next Ten Years

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

codewarriorfx

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I truly agree with this article! Nice writing. About the death of the sound card, I miss the era of the EAX Advanced HD 4.0/5.0 sound effects in Sound Blaster cards. I still own my Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, the Audigy 2 and the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1. I currently use the Prelude. It is true that a internal sound of a motherboard sounds sufficiently great for games, but in my opinion, I choose the Sound Blaster X-Fi. It offers the best quality thanks to the high resolutions of 24-bit/96kHz and the X-Fi crystalizer. Also it provides Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive, very few internal sound chips have this features.

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]codewarriorfx[/nom]I truly agree with this article! Nice writing. About the death of the sound card, I miss the era of the EAX Advanced HD 4.0/5.0 sound effects in Sound Blaster cards. I still own my Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, the Audigy 2 and the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1. I currently use the Prelude. It is true that a internal sound of a motherboard sounds sufficiently great for games, but in my opinion, I choose the Sound Blaster X-Fi. It offers the best quality thanks to the high resolutions of 24-bit/96kHz and the X-Fi crystalizer. Also it provides Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive, very few internal sound chips have this features.[/citation]
Unfortunately, most people are only packing 2.0/2.1 or maybe even 5.1 speakers, plus many applications/games do not make use of 24-bit/96kHz, so not too many people like to spend money on a separate audio card.

kio54

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
you're lying! there WILL be a duke nukem forever! if there isn't that would cause mass suicides and hysteria all over the country.

this may or may not by a figment of my imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.