Opinion: The 10 Most Influential People in IT of 2011

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
#2, #3, #4 shouldn't even be on this list as they did absolutely nothing, unless you count dying as an IT improvement, working on a project that isn't done yet and hasn't proven 1 single thing, did absolutely nothing it wasn't already doing in previous years past except sucking up more bandwidth.
anyways of those 3 nothing was beneficial in any way shape or form unless they paid your wages.
as much as i hate it i am surprised al franken or obama did not make this list for stopping problems that would interfer with the internet (something that's actually an information technology issue larger then facebook will every hope to be) and getting telecoms to upgrade and expand their infrastructure.
what about google providing internet to a whole city that was not more of an achievement then a poser/dictator dying is in the IT world?
i would think the people of egypt would have more street credit then any of these people for ousting their entire government using more features of IT then facebook or apple could combine together.

king_maliken

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
wtf my comment has been removed and I was not even alerted of it, hell I'm still alerted if talk back... I don't get it, my comment was even liked.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Lollers, the guy who runs Zynga is a genius, they churn out so much repetitive unsupported rubbish with reward based clicking and rake in the cash with people buying online items on games listed as 'beta'.

Kudos!

As for Steve Jobs, he was backseat for most of 2011 due to health problem, not to mention being dead for the end of it. The only influence he had was on book sales (already going for £3 and under at local retailers). As for the guy who is responsible for the 'look and feel' of the modern Apple devices, he has just been honoured by the Queen. (And that's about the only innovation they have, since the technology is licensed from people like Intel, and it's manufactured by foxconn).

Personally, I would like to say that the guy who came up with the implementation of the 'App Store' deserves a lot more praise than Job's.

Never has one man taken so much credit from so many.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]Again, Job's "vision". When will people stop using "vision", "visionary", "revolutionary", etc. when talking about Jobs? Jesus Christ already, I'm sick and tired of it. He made SHINY OVERPRICED GADGETS.[/citation]

Extract head from sun-dont-shine orifice and ask what are the top tech markets that the leading tech companies chase right now that Apple started / created in the last 10 years ? Consumer smart phone, check. App/music store, check. handheld computing, check. Eco system for devices, check (though entirely owned by Apple).

Others commentors slobber that Jobs didn't create them, engineers, etc did. Jeez. How come the engineers at the other tech companies didn't? Jobs was a jerk... Yes, many leaders in human history were jerks. So get over it and give credit were its due.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Personally I didn't see much of a problem with windows vista. I like windows 7 more, don't get me wrong, but I didn't see what was so bad about windows vista except it was more resource hungry (But I always have very nice PCs with OCed CPUs / GPUs, so it didn't effect me). In any case, Windows Vista was certainly a huge improvement over the ancient windows XP.

As for windows 8, I'll be happy as long as it supports mouse / keyboard as well as windows 7 does. If they some how make windows 8 a touch centric OS with terrible mouse/keyboard support, then I won't upgrade to it on my PC. (But I highly doubt that will happen). However, I would then be happy to buy a nice Windows 8 Tablet for on the go media and entertainment. I wouldn't use it for a desktop OS though.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Steve Jobs didn't create anything, he is just a experienced marketer, and most of them are liars just to get you to believe that their product is the best, people like that shouldn't be on this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.