Opinion: What Microsoft Must Accomplish in IE10

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 most important things:

1-safety
2-safety
3-security

With all the fraud going on the internet it's the only main thing that important to me,

You can change the tabs, change where the refresh button is n stuff but browsing safely is the most important one.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]3 most important things: 1-safety2-safety3-securityWith all the fraud going on the internet it's the only main thing that important to me,You can change the tabs, change where the refresh button is n stuff but browsing safely is the most important one.[/citation]
There is no plugin to prevent stupidity, shame really

daneren2005

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]Tyler_767[/nom]This is probably just my many years of working at bestbuy but I just find it hard to believe only 55 percent use internet explore. I've dealt with so many dumb customers there is no way that half of them would even know what a browser is, let alone how to install and use a different one than IE. That browser choice window at the initial install of windows 7 must really be having an effect.[/citation]
News flash, non retarded people don't use Best Buy. Or when they do its only to use and see a product (so you probably won't have much interaction with them) before they buy it online for < 1/2 the price.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
As several of you guys mentioned that IE9 is a very decent browser, I regularly use the IE9x64 along side FF7B. Roughly I think I am using IE9 for 30-40% of the time now. TBH I don't see any difference in speed at all between the two. I think further improvements in already good hardware acceleration of IE9 along with ability to save session will be a great addition.

G

Well my experience on Chromes marketshare is that a lot of the, shall we call them "not so technical" computer users I know use it. When I say "oh you use Chrome" I get a blank stare in return. When I explain that I mean the browser they say "Oh yeah, now that you mention it, it looks different from what it used to". Further investigation yields that the user has installed som fun/interesting/popular/... program and has not noticed or ignored the box during install that says "Also install Google Chrome and make it my default browser". Said users also tend to have something like one gazillion toolbars and such for much the same reasons...

G

Here is what Microsoft should accomplish with Internet Explorer 10, dont make the same IE9-can't run on Windows XP MISTAKE. IF Microsoft repeats that same mistake then Internet Explorer will be forever doomed to loose as much market share as possible.

G

V8VENOM, you have to be nuts if you think that Microsoft is going to drop the compatibility layer on windows 8, that would mean that if you want to run Windows 8 you will need to buy a new printer, new sets of software, not even Office 2010 will run because of the lack of a backwards compatibility layer, it would be like pressing the "reset" button for the computer industry, starting from scratch like if the computer just got invented starting from Windows 8, you will need to repurchase windows 8 compatible application. Installing Linux at such point will offer the user better compatibility than going with the Win8 headache and super expense. No, I predict that Windows 8 will still be able to run the same programs that you were running on your Win XP/Vista and Windows 7 operating system. I mean, it HAS to, what motivation users would get to invest in an operating system that can't absolutely run any of your current software. Mind as well just download and install ubuntu 11.10 or Zorin OS 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.