Opinions on this pre-built?

Solution
The specs on the link show am3+ and i5-4460 which are incompatible.
I suspect a simple text error.
Assuming that the cpu is a i5-4460 and the graphics card is a GTX960, I think it is a decent buy.
You will get a cheap psu, but that is common with pre builts.
The specs on the link show am3+ and i5-4460 which are incompatible.
I suspect a simple text error.
Assuming that the cpu is a i5-4460 and the graphics card is a GTX960, I think it is a decent buy.
You will get a cheap psu, but that is common with pre builts.

Solution
G

Ah, should I be worried about that error? Will I be able to upgrade the PSU later, or will it cause fire.. lol?

RavenCorbie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to upgrade the PSU in the future, but I'd do it sooner rather than later. It sends power to all your parts, so if there's a power surge, who knows what will happen? There are some that have caused fire (one noted in the article in my signature about power supply reviews), but that's pretty rare. So far, I've had to replace the PSU of every prebuilt I've owned because they stopped working (okay, I'm poor, so that's only two, but still -- it's the only part I've ever *had* to replace because it didn't work), so I figure in the future, even if I do decide to buy a prebuilt, I'll replace the PSU with something reliable and include that in my budget. After all, it's pretty frustrating when your computer stops working and you have to wait for the part to arrive. I also don't like the idea of taking chances with such an important part.

iBUYPOWER - Jason

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
Hey!

I agree with posts made above, we do offer standard PSUs with our prebuilts, but on our main website, I recommend upgrades to Corsair or Thermaltake. As for this Newegg listing, I also recommend installing a new PSU if you would like ease of mind in the long term.

If you have any questions, just let me know!