Oprah Promotes Microsoft's Surface ... With the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]Timberwolf_CLT[/nom]And this is news because?[/citation]

My standards aren't even that high...but at least have something interesting; I'd rather see "cat uses new MS surface"...

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Were it the opposite, Tom's would be reporting "Even Oprah loves the iPad".

As I'm not American I never got to see any of Oprah's programs, but nevertheless it's hard to understand why is she so influential on the internet. If she farts, there are always a ton of (non-celebrity) sites to promptly report it. Meh.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]Were it the opposite, Tom's would be reporting "Even Oprah loves the iPad".As I'm not American I never got to see any of Oprah's programs, but nevertheless it's hard to understand why is she so influential on the internet. If she farts, there are always a ton of (non-celebrity) sites to promptly report it. Meh.[/citation]

It's because she controls (or controlled) a very powerful demographic when it came to sales. If a book was on her bookclub or she recommended a product, you can be assured that it would get a large bump in sales and renown, even if without it was an excellent product.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]Were it the opposite, Tom's would be reporting "Even Oprah loves the iPad".As I'm not American """""I NEVER GOT TO SEE ANY OF OPRAH'S PROGRAMS""""", but nevertheless it's hard to understand why is she so influential on the internet. If she farts, there are always a ton of (non-celebrity) sites to promptly report it. Meh.[/citation]

you lucky sob. I envy that 9 word statement.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Yeah, the woman has nothing better to do than sit there twittering.
Let's face it, M$ PR folk contacted the Oprah PR gang, they negotiated a deal and then some flunky puts this up. Unfortunately he/she used an iPad instead of something from M$.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Oprah is so damn annoying, even if she DID love Microsoft Surface, it would certainly not make me want to buy one.

Obviously she is being paid to advertise for Surface, duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.