Question Optimal airflow fan config with 6 fans in the Zalman N4 ?

Jul 13, 2024
Hello ya'll, I've decided to build a pc and I have pretty much everything all set in stone except the case. I'll admit, I know basically nothing about cases so I thought this would be a good place to ask. I'm from bulgaria and am kind of forced to buy all the components from one place + budget constraints meant I have to go for a cheaper case. Currently stopped on the Zalman N4, 6 included fans in total, 1 rear (120mm), 3 front (140mm) and 2 top (120mm). Also dust filters on the top and bottom. What's the best fan configuration here to ensure optimal cooling? I should also mention this is an air-cooler build, here's the specs if they provide any additional info:

13600kf
AG620 Air cooler
ASUS 6750xt Dual
MSI B760 tommahawk ddr4
2x16 DDR4-3600 vengeance lpx
XS70 1TB SSD
RM650 PSU

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Front 3 as intake, rear and top as exhausts. If the fans are 3pin, you should look into 23pin fan splitters, since I count 5 fan headers on your motherboard but what amounts to 8 fans in your case.

View: https://youtu.be/mdGm2DHkFYQ

Looks like the fans are 4pin molex, so you can't control their RPM but that also means you don't need a splitter for them.

Reactions: ivajlozdr
Jul 13, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Front 3 as intake, rear and top as exhausts. If the fans are 3pin, you should look into 23pin fan splitters, since I count 5 fan headers on your motherboard but what amounts to 8 fans in your case.

View: https://youtu.be/mdGm2DHkFYQ

Looks like the fans are 4pin molex, so you can't control their RPM but that also means you don't need a splitter for them.
Thanks for the welcome! Didn't expect that fast of a reply hah,

I was originally thinking of doing it like that, the 3 front as intake and other 3 as exhausts, but then i saw people commenting about positive/negative air pressure and my mind just fried lol, thanks!

As for the fan headers yeah you're completely right, forgot to factor that in completely. Since I have 6 fans and only 5 headers, I'll need a hub or something, right?