[SOLVED] Origin uses 32bit DLL

pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
I wanted to play and install Origin and the game Apex Legends. The problem is that the Origin.exe uses 32-bit dll files even if my Windows 10 installed is 64-bit. I determined this using Dependency Walker and troubleshooting origin.exe. There, I discovered that origin.exe uses 32-bit files because x64 is highlighted with red text which means that 64-bit DLLs are not compatible with origin.exe (see screenshot).

I've tried reinstalling all redistributable packages, directx, and .net framework and they all didn't work.

I've tried sfc /scannow two times already and didn't detect any kind of error.

I've tried checking my disk using chkdsk and successfully repaired all problems.

I've tried updating windows and it still don't work.

PC Spec:
AMD A8 7650K
Radeon R7 7650K
8GB
1TB HDD
Gigabyte F2a68hm-s2

Solution
FIX: I posted the same thread on EA forum. A moderator gave me of vc_redist download links , both x64 and x86, which surprisingly fixed the problem. I have been reinstalling microsoft visual c++ redistributable packages for almost 2 days obtained from microsoft website. I, too, don't know why his links worked but it is absoloutely fantastic. Hope a moderator can see this and close the thread.

pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
Lots of applications still use 32bit dlls, even in a 64bit OS.
Does it work?

I tried reinstalling and the setup produces 0xc000007b error. It can't get pass through. I also tried installing an older version of origin which eventually updated but the update also didn't work. It also had an error wherein it can't connect to Origin.

pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
I wanted to play and install Origin and the game Apex Legends. The problem is that the Origin.exe uses 32-bit dll files even if my Windows 10 installed is 64-bit. I determined this using Dependency Walker and troubleshooting origin.exe. There, I discovered that origin.exe uses 32-bit files because x64 is highlighted with red text which means that 64-bit DLLs are not compatible with origin.exe (see screenshot).

I've tried reinstalling all redistributable packages, directx, and .net framework and they all didn't work.

I've tried sfc /scannow two times already and didn't detect any kind of error.

I've tried checking my disk using chkdsk and successfully repaired all problems.

I've tried updating windows and it still don't work.

PC Spec:
AMD A8 7650K
Radeon R7 7650K
8GB
1TB HDD
Gigabyte F2a68hm-s2

The error is also weird tho hahaha. Idk why it gotta be like that

pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
FIX: I posted the same thread on EA forum. A moderator gave me of vc_redist download links , both x64 and x86, which surprisingly fixed the problem. I have been reinstalling microsoft visual c++ redistributable packages for almost 2 days obtained from microsoft website. I, too, don't know why his links worked but it is absoloutely fantastic. Hope a moderator can see this and close the thread.

Solution