Os accidently deleted, NEED HELP

Baconguy14

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
I did something reall stupid, i was trying to boot ubuntu from a usb onto my school laptop (provided by my school) and i accidently started installing ubuntu on the system realsing what i have done i quickly shut off the computer and removed the drive, but when i turned it back on it said it needed to boot a os, i went in the bios looking for a partition that still contained the os, with no avail i have no idea what to do im scared i might have broken the end liscense agreement and can be in trouble with my school the system orignally came with windows 8.1 and had a bunch of restrictions on it. Not sure what ro do and i really dont want to get in trouble so anything helps much apreciated.

Edit: am i in violation of this rule????
Students must respect the integrity of computing systems and abide by existing Federal and State laws regarding electronic communication. This includes accessing secure and/or confidential information without authorization, divulging passwords, causing system malfunction, developing programs that harass other users or attempting to infiltrate a computer or computing system, maliciously harming or destroying District equipment, materials, or data and deliberately degrading or disrupting system performance. These actions may be viewed as violations of District policy and administrative regulations and, possibly, as criminal activity under applicable state and federal laws. This includes, but is not limited to, the uploading or creation of computer viruses and accessing indecent information. These laws can carry penalties of up to 20 years in prison.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Take it back to school and explain what you did. The IT folks will repair properly. Be prepared to suffer some consequences, but you are likely not going to prison. I am sure you aren't the first, nor will be the last, to do something similar. Good luck.