OS Choices Menu Not Available

I previously installed Windows 2000 Professional Edition around last year,
then installed Windows XP Professional on a second partitonn after that. When
booting up, I got the OS Choices menu to select either operating system.
Since then, Win XP malfunctioned causing me to reformat the partition that
Win XP resided on, then reinstall XP. Since then, I don't get the OS Choices
menu and cannot locate the area that the instructions for the OS Choices menu
reside in.
Windows 2000 is still intact on drive D: and Win XP functions normally on
drive C:. I just cannot boot Windows 2000 during startup. Anyone know the
command to fix this? I would guess it would be in an autoexec file somewhere
but the autoexec files don't access until the operating system is selected. I
have checked the BIOS and have "Boot to OS2" selected. Whether enabled or
disabled, I still don't get the OS Choices menu.
--
Robert S. Lee
Master Electrician

Hi Robert,

Boot with the WinXP CD, and hit "r" to enter the Recovery Console. Run
bootcfg /add from the prompt.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/