Discussion Out of curiosity, who's buying the Ryzen "ZEN 5" ?

Hi just quick question for forum members on who's buying the stock zen 5 cpu's and who is waiting for X3d ??
I'm looking for an 9900x or possibly even 9950x to replace recently bought 7900x. Main reasons being better performance with lower power consumption to fit my MB which VRM is rated at 180W and 7950x would be too much for it. Not interested in x3D because gaming is not primary use (see my GPU). 7900/7950x are difficult to cool and get full performance even with best AIO coolers. I don't think that AMD was completely honest about power consumption or there's large variation in "Silicon lottery" because no way to keep temps to 80-85c with more than 140 PPT. even with one of best 360 AIOs, new, bought with 7900x at same time. 50W less on 9000 would be welcome seeing how important temps are for Ryzen. Lowering voltages is not all that helpfull if it needs all that power. Intel seems to have even more problems, CPUs degrading or even failing unles power is reigned in. I'm not in for buying 500-700 bucks more for strong MB. Maybe, just maybe after I see B850 MBs but even that just for chipset features. Doesn't seem to bring anything else. I'm usually catios about new gens and only one I jumped immediatelly was fist gen Ryzen but it was to replace my aging FX 6350 system. Low and behold, Ryzen 1600x I bought first day availabele was 3-4 times faster. Jumped to 1700x and than in fairly fast upgrades to 2700x then 3700x and at end 5800x keeping them on X470 MB till the end.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Looking at 9700X or 9800X3D. I play games a little bit, but don't consider myself a gamer.
I know that the benefits of V-cache is situational; the 9700X could be what I pick because of that behavior(amazing when it works, and when it doesn't... nothing), and easier to manage thermals, that's always a plus.