Question ''OUT OF MEMORY'' - - - - keeps on shutting down my games sometimes and also my browser ?

amco_krkic

Reputable
May 15, 2020
So ive been getting this ''Out of memory'' error happening and also a MEMORY MANAGEMENT BOSD when im playing games and watching youtube or just browsing, I never have more than 2-3 tabs open when playing a game and also have discord open aswell but my Corsair venegence 32GB 3600Mhz RAM should be more than enough to keep up...No?

amco_krkic

Reputable
May 15, 2020
So i just ran Malwarebyte and umm... yeah, 13 of these detections were found when scanning my memory. Hopefully this fixes it.
Screenshot-2024-04-26-215732.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can run out of memory and have free ram. Windows sees memory as Page file + Ram, so if a process is asking for more and more memory, but not giving it back once its finished, eventually windows doesn't have any more to give and will crash.

did the scan fix it?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

amco_krkic

Reputable
May 15, 2020
You can run out of memory and have free ram. Windows sees memory as Page file + Ram, so if a process is asking for more and more memory, but not giving it back once its finished, eventually windows doesn't have any more to give and will crash.

did the scan fix it?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
my minidump folder is empty...
However since the malwarebyte scan and deletion of all the detections its only done it once in my browser and not at all while I've been gaming.

amco_krkic

Reputable
May 15, 2020

did the scan fix it?

I also ran a Memtest and it showed no errors

Since setting what up? My ram? If thats what ur asking then yes i have had many BSOD’s about memory management
Please list full specs of your system.
Can you show a screenshot of ''Out of memory'' error message?
Also show screenshot from Virtual Memory settings
(Control Panel/System/Advanced System Settings/Advanced/Performance/Settings/Advanced/Virtual/Memory/Change)
(upload to imgur.com and post link)