Question 'out of range' message

hi-there

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
hi guys,

new build (all the parts are brand new) everything is connected as it should be (from CPU to system panel connectors to standoffs to U name it - everything is where and how it should be placed and connected)

all the fans are running (CPU/GPU/case fans), all the lightning is working (mobo Asus logo, front of the tower, fans)

4 mobo's Q LED (DRAM, CPU, VGA, BOOT) goes away after a very short check-up (green BOOT light stays on if I don't plug BOOT USB with Windows on it but as soon as I plug it in the green light turn off and front case light starts to blinking - like it is working/thinking/installing OS - U know the blink ;-) - just showing that it's doing/trying to do something-blink)

mobo's standby led (mobo's bottom right corner) is on (it's a good thing)

everything is checked 10+ times:

- standoffs are where they should be and mobo is screwed to each of them

- CPU has no bent pins and sits where it should (fan is working)

- CPU is connected (mobo-PSU)

- GPU is connected (fans are spinning)

- mobo is connected to PSU

- RAM and SSD (connected) perfectly in place

I tried:

- both RAM at ones (A2, B2) and one at the time

- HDMI to GPU

- HDMI to mobo (without GPU inside computer)

- GPU on both PCI slots

- 3 different SSDs

no matter what:

- 'out of range' message or 'no HDMI signal' ('out of range' when connected to mobo; 'no HDMI signal' when connected to GPU)

I don't have buzzer so I can't check by sound but I doubt that it would show anything...

I have to Asus monitors and both are working (I use them daily on my old computers so I know that they are just fine - same goes for HDMI cables)

resolution: full HD at 60Hz (I have only HDMI cables and a Dvi-d to HDMI connector which I tried as well but it shouldn't be a problem that I don't have DP or D-sub as aI can't see how those would solve the problem...)

I've read and seen many posts and videos about this but...- no luck fixing my...

specs:

- mobo: ASUS X470 F gaming

- CPU: I got boot kit from AMD (what a great service!!! brand new AMD 200GE as a boot kit and free shipping both ways - you have to send it back of course :) ) as I'm going to install/use 3700X - but first I need to update my brand new X470 mobo

- PSU: Corsair 750W

- GPU: MSI RX 570 8gb

- RAM: 2x8 G.Skill Flare X 3200 cl14

- SSD: 3 different and I try with only one at the time

hheeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp :) please

Last edited:

hi-there

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
as stupid as it sounds changing from HDMI to DP solved the problem - I got the same message but after connecting DP a couple of times and switching monitor on and off a few times I finally got pass 'out of range' bull

it just doesn't make any sens but it worked (my monitors native resolution and refresh rate waren't and are not enought for HDMI to NOT to recognise both monitors so I still don't know why I wasn't able to se anything on screen)

fun fact:
- after changing from BOOT-kit CPU to my own I run in to exacly the same problem using exacly the same DP cable
solution:
- 'plug in - plug out, plug in - plug out, on - off, on - off'-technique solved the problem again

(now I fight with all the AURA stuff but it is a whole other story ...)