Question Out of the blue Gigabyte Geforce Rtx 3060ti Gaming OC Pro Fried, How can i fix this burnt gpu?

Oct 4, 2021
I bought gigabyte rtx 3060 ti gaming oc pro for deep learning/image processing related task around 8 months ago(17th january 2021) .

my pc specifications
:
  • Noctua NH-D9L, premium CPU Cooler with NF-A9 92mm Fan(bronze)
  • western digital 1TB Blue desktop HDD

• Gigabyte Geforce Rtx 3060ti Gaming OC Pro 8GB GPU
  • MaxGreen A363BK ATX Casing
  • amd ryzen 5 3600x
  • samsung 970 evo plus nvme m.2 250gb ssd
  • Gigabyte p650B 650w 80 plus bronze certified non-modular power supply # gp-p650b
  • corsair vengence LPX 8GB 3200MHz ddr4 desktop ram(ram slot B2)
  • corsair vengence LPX 8GB 3200MHz ddr4 desktop ram(ram slot A2)
  • ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND AMD B550 CHIPSET MOTHERBOARD

• SAMSUNG LF22T350FHW 22 inch 75Hz full hd ips led monitor

• tplink TL-WN823N 300MBPS WIRELESS MINI USB ADAPTER

i used to play assassins creed Valhalla,odyssey,red dead redemption 2 beside training computer vision algorithms for kaggle competitions using this gpu,everything was fine,i never overclocked any cpu/gpu and while playing games i always used to play with recommended settings and not with high settings. few days ago i tried to turn on the pc but i faced No display issue,i mean cpu,gpu lights on,fan spinning,monitor on and everything working but nothing on the display,then i removed multi-plug and restarted the PC and it worked fine then,,next day i face exactly same issue which is No display issue while turning on the pc and removing multi-plug and restarting the pc worked again(i thought something is wrong with my monitor). after 1 more day i tried to turn on my pc again and this time No display issue remained for forever,,removing and re-plugging multi-plug trick no longer worked for me.i took my pc to servicing care(from where i built the pc), they showed me that my gpu is burnt which is causing no display issue.here is the image of my damaged gpu : https://ibb.co/r4ZSksx i think you can quickly catch the defected/burnt region.i only used this pc for 8 months and i have 14 more months warranty left for this gpu. i have claimed the warranty but it seems like they won't replace my gpu because according to them it violates warranty policy becuase the gpu was burnt,but i did absolutely nothing,i tried to take as much care as possible for this pc and now out of the blue if it gets burnt then what's my mistake and why they won't replace my gpu? this is really very heartbreaking.the shopkeeper said that chances are high that gigabyte will deny my warranty but IMHO it's definitely the mistake of gpu and not mine,i didn't overclock,i used PSU which is much better than what is recommended for this gpu,i played games with optimal setting,from my end(i used to play game for maximum 1-2 hour only) i can't find any major mistake that i made but suddenly it got burnt and i don't know why i should not deserve the replaced GPU,is gpu warranty a HOAX? :(
i have shared the picture of my defected gpu.i have these questions to ask( this is my first post here in this beautiful blog) :

1. Do you think they will replace or fix my burnt GPU?
  2. if they do not replace or fix my gpu then do you think i can repair it?
  3. if i repair then is there a chance then same burning will happen after few months?
  4. how can i avoid such sudden burning?
this is for the last time i bought gigabyte gpu,not gonna make such mistake in near future hopefully,after this burning issue i searched on internet and realized many gigabyte gpu got burnt,yeah other band gpu burns too but gigabyte build quality surely horrible that's why most gigabyte gpu's are getting burnt,i've lost my trust on gigabyte and not gonna recommend anyone to buy gigabyte gpu,now i realized why gigabyte gpu price was lower than zotac and MSI
sorry zotac and msi :'(

Last edited:
You should RMA the power supply and Video card.
The power supply is well known to explode and take other components with it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM

Be persistent on the RMA. Gigabyte will deny it if you let them.
You also might want to file a claim with BBB against them.
And the FTC.
https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection
These only work if you are in the USA.
Some times you have to play hard ball to make companies respond responsibly.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Oct 4, 2021
You should RMA the power supply and Video card.
The power supply is well known to explode and take other components with it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM

Be persistent on the RMA. Gigabyte will deny it if you let them.
You also might want to file a claim with BBB against them.
And the FTC.
https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection
These only work if you are in the USA.
Some times you have to play hard ball to make companies respond responsibly.
the power supply is currently working fine for me but i can change the power supply if gigabyte give me new gpu(replaced gpu) but currently every other component of my pc is working fine including power supply except the gpu,so it is clear that the gpu is faulty. i live in Bangladesh,i get 2 years warranty for gigabyte gpu where in the box it's written that warranty period is 3 years.don't know why but it's strange. also shopkeeper said after little investigation that this burning issue occured because of liquid problem,either cockroach or house-lizard or something else caused this liquid issue for which gpu burnt but i don't believe this cock and bull story,i know how much i take care of my computer. they kept arguing that it's liquid problem but i couldn't make them understand that it is not.

I agree with the advice you have already. However I notice you said the RAM is in slots 1 & 3. When running 2 sticks it is supposed to be in slots A2 & B2 (2 & 4) per pages 22-23 of the English motherboard instructions. When you have the system running again move the RAM to the correct slots and ensure XMP is enabled in the BIOS.

DSzymborski

Titan
We house a curated PSU tier list here.

PSU availability varies from country-to-country, so you can check this list against what you have available where you are.

Oct 4, 2021
I agree with the advice you have already. However I notice you said the RAM is in slots 1 & 3. When running 2 sticks it is supposed to be in slots A2 & B2 (2 & 4) per pages 22-23 of the English motherboard instructions. When you have the system running again move the RAM to the correct slots and ensure XMP is enabled in the BIOS.
sorry,i mean B2 as slot 1 and A2 as slot 3,so they are in the correct slots,sorry for the confusion,updating the post

Oct 4, 2021
i would love to file a warranty claim through the court system in my country but i don't know how to :(
i will be happy if people learn from my mistakes and never buy any gigabyte psu and gpu. worst brand i have ever seen

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
i would love to file a warranty claim through the court system in my country but i don't know how to :(
i will be happy if people learn from my mistakes and never buy any gigabyte psu and gpu. worst brand i have ever seen
It might be an automated system or scripted response that reused your claim. Try emailing Gigabyte first and let them know you will file a warranty claim through the court system. And let them know you have seen gamer nexus videos about their PSUs and you will also be including these into court filing. This might make them change their mind about refusing the warranty claim.

Reactions: Phaaze88