[SOLVED] Outlook won't open. Asks for 'Outlook data file password' and then 'Cannot start Outlook...'

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter2go1f

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Hi everyone, when I try to open Outlook from my desktop, a window appears (titled: "Outlook data file password") asking me for a password.

Now im not sure what my password is because i don't think i ever set one. But anyway once i type a password in, it then comes up with a window saying , "Cannot start microsoft outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has ocurred."

Before this error happened I was trying to remove an old work profile/account from my Outlook as I wanted to connect my new uni email account to Outlook instead.
I was playing around with deleting some things or data files or something (can't really remember) and now this error is happening.

I tried fixes that I found online but I can't find anything that is similar to my situation and nothing has worked so far.

I really would just like to delete/reset the whole outlook program. (I don't have anything I need saved, I would just like to have Outlook again from scratch).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.