[SOLVED] Output sound from tv rather than pc speakers

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
So I have a Samsung tv that I am using as a second monitor mainly to just stream netflix and other on demand shows. I also have speakers coming out of my pc.

Is there anyway for the audio to play though the tv while streaming rather than my computer speakers?

Solution
Check your device manager. You should see your AMD High Definition Audio Device listed under Audio inputs and outputs. If you see it, make sure it isn't disabled. If you don't see it, try scanning for changes to your PC. If it still isn't detected, try removing your display drivers with DDU and reinstalling current official drivers.

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
If you're connected with hdmi, just switch the audio device to your video card's when you're streaming. There's a drop down menu with a list of devices above the volume control in W10.

See that's the problem I am having, I'm using hdmi and the PC is not recognizing the tv as an audio output device

Remeca

Reputable
Check your device manager. You should see your AMD High Definition Audio Device listed under Audio inputs and outputs. If you see it, make sure it isn't disabled. If you don't see it, try scanning for changes to your PC. If it still isn't detected, try removing your display drivers with DDU and reinstalling current official drivers.

Solution