[SOLVED] Over clocking the 6600K

Alex1984a

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
Hi guys, I got an old i5 6600K, stock 3.6 ghz, coupled with a ASUS Z170-A motherboard and a very good aftermarket Noctua Tower Cooler.

I want to squeeze something more from this aging CPU and I read overclocking guides, however I have some trouble with my motherboard settings.
Basically I learned that I need to slowly increase multiplier and voltages until I get a stable overclock after extensive testing with stress test software.
Now, raising the multiplier is easy, the voltages, not so much as I really don't know what to touch and how much should I increase.

Right know the system is overclocked to 4300 mhz with a 42 multiplier, thanks to the default EZ overclock mode that comes with the mobo's BIOS.
Obviously, the system is very stable and temps are well below 40 with this setting automated setting.

Now, I want to squeeze some more but the EZ mode has no more powerful settings, so I need to do things manually.
Could you guys please guide me step by step?

Thank you

Solution
Enable XMP
CPU Ratio = Sync All Cores
Digi+ VRM > CPU Load Line Calibartion = Try 5
CUP Core/Cache Current Limit Max = If you type a really high number it will default to max which should be 255.5
Did you change cpu core/cache voltage to manual and set to 1.4?

Alex1984a

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
Ok, did some testing:

Right now the best I can achieve is 4500 mhz with 45 multiplier and 1375 voltage.
I tried to up the voltage to 1400 and the multiplier to 46 but I get system crashes.

Is this the best I can achieve?