Overclock Your Motherboard With Your Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
I really don't see the point, and I have an Asus Rampage III Formula where I could overclock it from a different system, which I also don't see the point.

Why use a separate system or a phone? Why not just do it right on the machine?

krinkles619

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
yeah, uh, been overclocking my Rampage III mobo's for the past year or so with my phone. sorry MSI, but ASUS had you beat long ago

adobejesus

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Idk about others but for my gaming computer I don't leave it on when I'm not at home. So I don't really see the point in this at all. However, with that being said, this would be very good for server administrators or someone who has a web server and wants to monitor the PC Health specs while away.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
This would be an awsomesauce idea... if MSI didn't produce CRAP products in the first place. Had 1 motherboard and 2 video cards with busted caps, in recent years.

I have to shutdown my f@h system b/c my power bill is nearing $200 / month. It's getting harder and harder to justify leaving a system running anymore these days. If I'm away from my computer, how would overclocking benefit me? If it was a work pc doing rendering overnight then that's good, but I still don't see anyone risking important tasks/information with on the fly overclocking. Too much can go wrong and I come home to a blue-screen and 8 hours of rendering lost...

[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]This would be an awsomesauce idea... if MSI didn't produce CRAP products in the first place. Had 1 motherboard and 2 video cards with busted caps, in recent years.[/citation]

Did you read the article? The software works with any vendor's products.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Not sure why it wouldn't be better served to have a user interface front panel to accomplish this. If things go that badly, relying on a phone-to-PC comm link might be disastrous if the PC locks up and fails to receive data. Besides, if you have the need to overclock your PC while at work when it Folds at home...you really need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Here's a good use:

Secretly install afterburner on your friends computer, challenge him to a FPS Death Match, and then underclock his system right in the middle of your game.

Or better yet, get your wife addicted to World of Warcraft and then underclock the computer right in the middle of her Raid. Then use that to convince her to let you buy a new computer so it doesn't do that to her again. Instant new computer shopping spree!

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
sounds intresting, deffinatly will not install... I do not trust the internet enough to install a tool that might allow hackers to brake in and make my computer turn into a multing slab on the floor.

G

LooL is this news really?? My Gigabyte can do that for more than one year now!!! It is called cloud OC and you can do it with a simple browser! So MSI you comming 3rd!!!

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
ikefu- That is ingenious, I absolutely love it- or do it to some guy's 6990/590 when he's tryng to show it off and just see his face horrified.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]adobejesus[/nom]Idk about others but for my gaming computer I don't leave it on when I'm not at home. So I don't really see the point in this at all. However, with that being said, this would be very good for server administrators or someone who has a web server and wants to monitor the PC Health specs while away.[/citation]Sounds like an extra security risk to me. If they had a version that was "Monitor Only" that could not manipulate settings at all, that would be fine.

G

come on...this is really useful, I can put an egg on my pc case and 10 minutes before I arrive home I stop the fan and they are done just after opening the door !!! also for a coffe...or may be a hitman can use it to burn a house ..if your target is a geek !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS