overclocked GTX 660 VS Gtx 660 ti video card

bobkfloyd

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Taking into consideration that individual components will get their own fairly unique specs after an OC in the end. And of course specs and cooling will differ by brand. My question here is:

Should there be considerably better benchmarks and specs on a carefully overclocked GTX 660-ti, vs if one spent the time to get the best possible overclock on the GTX 660?
Thanks for reading, and info would be both helpful and interesting.

bobkfloyd

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, and the helpful link TheUnknown PC! I would likely go with the one with the rebate and promo code, or even the free game if that all would happen really soon. It would be interesting to see a vid on overclocked comparison.
Much appreciated,
Bob

TheUnknownPC

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

Glad to Help !! :)

bobkfloyd

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014

Oh sorry I misread. Question was If the 660 ti was overclocked to the max, would it beat 660 overclocked to the max? Being overclocking gpu in windows environment is pretty darn simple. Or would I expect to see similar results after careful tweaking on both under the same conditions? I assume the 660 on OC would not surpass 660 ti on OC.

bobkfloyd

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
To anyone concerned about this, I had to look at 2 different pages here at TOM'S to get a clear answer. According to benchmarks in a handful of games, an overclocked GTX 660 TI, does give you more over an overclocked GTS 660. with that said, the 660 TI is something different, and something more for your money, and not just a gtx 660 with the nobs turned up for you. I did not conclude that it is totally worth the extra bucks, but did conclude that it would not be a complete waste by choosing the 660 ti, being that i will surely overclock it.

Thanks again to TheUnknownPC for speedy response!
Bob