[SOLVED] Overclocked i7 9700K to 5050 MHz. Estimated Performance gain?

Vax

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Hey guys.
Wanted to get some insight into how much faster I've made my 9700K, if at all possible.

I managed to find a stabile clock of 5050 MHz with 1.352 volts. After running a Cinebench R23 multi thread benchmark, the temps were stabile at 73-76 C.
I tried a Single Core bench, which I scored 1335 pts in.

Originally my CPU was at 3.6GHz.

Is there some mathematical means I'm not aware of that allows me to calculate how much faster my CPU is per core than stock?

Thanks for any input! ^^

Solution
"faster" also depends on the particular application, and the rest of the system.
NOT just whatever benchmark tool you may be looking at.

A 10% boost in basic clock speed may not (probably DOES NOT) equal a 10% boost in some random application.

The only way to know if this is better and by how much is to work with your particular applications.

USAFRet

Titan
"faster" also depends on the particular application, and the rest of the system.
NOT just whatever benchmark tool you may be looking at.

A 10% boost in basic clock speed may not (probably DOES NOT) equal a 10% boost in some random application.

The only way to know if this is better and by how much is to work with your particular applications.

Solution

DCNOS18

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Every application is different. To find out for sure, do a benchmark with your overclocked settings, reset your clocks and benchmark again. There are dozens of bechmarks and they will all react differently. You can however use userbenchmark and benchmark your cpu and see how it compares to the average benchmark for your specific GPU.