Question Overclocking Corsair Vengeance RAM on a MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS Motherboard

kerterun

Reputable
Sep 8, 2019
I am sorry if this particular combination has been asked about, but I haven't come across any thread regarding both. So here is me asking...

I have a MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS motherboard. It's supposed to overclock RAM up to 3200mhz and its BIOS is up to date. I recently got 2X8 Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M2E3200C16 and installed it on the motherboard, but for the life of me, I can't overclock it using XMP profiles or "Memory try it!" feature on the BIOS (don't know what that is or why you would need it when you have XMP available). The momory speed is stuck at 2133mhz. From what I've seen on some forums so far, many people with different motherboards but the sam RAM as mine have the same problem. Also I've read that my motherboard isn't reliable when it comes to overclocking RAM, because it's a budget model. By the way, I haven't tried manual overclocking, since I am not that tech-savvy.

Here's a screenshot of my BIOS: View: https://imgur.com/a/ocYCN4O

Now I want to change either my motherboard or the RAM if that's what it takes, but don't know which to do. Thanks.

kerterun

Reputable
Sep 8, 2019
Whether your CPU is capable of running memory at 3200MHz is not the question. You may want to manually set memory clock to 2933MHz, 2666MHz or 2400MHz.

Memory specs for 3200MHz are:

Tested Latency
16-20-20-38

Tested Voltage
1.35V

I'm sorry but I don't know where to put those numbers in. Are they represented in the screenshot I sent? Also, isn't there supposed to be one double-digit number more? Like another 20 or something? And what is the voltage option called? I can't see it. Thanks for the answer, by the way.