Overclocking Excel Sheet... Need a FTP site to host it!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Yep, but I dont have a machine hooked up to the internet... I got this dum ass Windows XP machine that is set up for public use... My housing is all sorts of screwed up... Its been a year since I have been able to access the net as much as I am now... and in a month I will have my own internet access to my computer... until then I am isolated and without hope:(

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Take a good look at your 85 posts. You're not welcomes here unless you change your attitude.

I know you are not talking to me wusy... but you should be a bit more specific... please clarrify and just edit your original message... I want to keep the number of entries in this down to the minimum...

As far as the Excel sheet... it is very popular... lots of people are asking for it... I am going to do everything I can to supply it until someone steps up and places it in a reliable FTP site... Then maybe we can add it to Wusy's Overclocking Guide as a tool for advanced settings...

Anyways, Thats up to wusy... Please send me email at big_green_jelly_bean<=-=-at-=-=>yahoo.com to request a copy! I will do my best

tommydee

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
I made a really cool excel sheet...

Mike, I think your only mistake was to post your message here. Plus, you will learn there is nothing to be gained by arguing with idiots.

Four days, and most of these messages are off-topic pathetic nonsense. Judging by the quality of what was said, I'd say you are in the company of a bunch of children with time on their hands.

The simplest answer to your question is: ask a friend to put this on their site. That would cost nothing.

There are very cheap ISPs that cost money. I've had multiple web sites at myhosting.com for the past nine years. Their cheapest is US$5 a month. Lots of storage and bandwidth.

It was nice of you to try to put your hard work out there for public use. That generous spirit was what started the Internet, but sadly all the good people are outnumbered by selfish idiots.

Tom George Bush

PS: The overclocking TV card thing was a spoof, but funny.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Re: Ignorance and Thread Highjacking [in reply to: NewbieTechGodII]
:roll: Anywhoo...

But my guide only allows 1:1, all the other dividers are burnt to ash.
And ASUS mobos have a funny way of calling their dividers with 'follow the FSB-DDR2 speed'.

Now, if you could make an Excel script that does timing for the three different ICs at different speed that'd be reaaaaaaaly cool!

Email me with what you mean and Ill send you the excel sheet. Maybe we can do what you want... to the best of our ability:)

I am interested in Wusy responding with a bit more detail to what he ment when he said 1:1 is the only reliable multiplier. From my understanding, a memory multiplier of 1:1 is 1066, which is not reliable for some memory... Or are you talking about the idea of dropping the CPU Multiplier?!?

I will start another thread for this... when I get time... Please wusy, will you edit the above post and express what ratio you are talking about... So that I may create a good starting point for a child thread.
It was nice of you to try to put your hard work out there for public use. That generous spirit was what started the Internet, but sadly all the good people are outnumbered by selfish idiots.

Tom D******

[

Thanks... I am getting email requests for it... and am just emailing it out...

I got a ISP, I dont have access to FTP it... Ive said this so many times now, Im getting a headache..

The "spoof" may be funny, but it is highjacking, and it does no good to a very cool topic. People dont wade through 12 page threads... At least I dont... So it is not respected when someone fills up the thread with crap...

2 More people just requested it... I am hoping to get some real responses to it...

Off Topic: Tom, you should be carefull and not put your last name... its a bitch when and if some RMA department got the smarts to google your name, and came up with a bunch of threads about OC'ing...

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Mike, I think your only mistake was to post your message here. Plus, you will learn there is nothing to be gained by arguing with idiots.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

Four days, and most of these messages are off-topic pathetic nonsense. Judging by the quality of what was said, I'd say you are in the company of a bunch of children with time on their hands.

You don't get it.

The simplest answer to your question is: ask a friend to put this on their site. That would cost nothing.

Yea, with Excel being hacked lately, I can hardly wait to download a sheet from some friend's site. Good luck!

It was nice of you to try to put your hard work out there for public use.

Too bad it wasn't in a friendlier format!

That generous spirit was what started the Internet, but sadly all the good people are outnumbered by selfish idiots.

A generous spirit started the Internet? No profit motives involved at all, huh?

That's no spoof, dude! I've watched every NFL game from yesterday in their entirety in the last 7 minutes. That's about one minute more than they were worth but I don't have my OC fully tweaked just yet.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I am interested in Wusy responding with a bit more detail to what he ment when he said 1:1 is the only reliable multiplier. From my understanding, a memory multiplier of 1:1 is 1066, which is not reliable for some memory... Or are you talking about the idea of dropping the CPU Multiplier?!?
No, 1:1 gives a memory speed of 533. The FSB is 1066. Mem speed @ 1:1 is double the FSB. :wink:

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Off Topic: Tom, you should be carefull and not put your last name... its a bitch when and if some RMA department got the smarts to google your name, and came up with a bunch of threads about OC'ing...

I bet they find plenty of Jim Smith overclockers. How do they know which is which?

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006

I bet they find plenty of Jim Smith overclockers. How do they know which is which?

Actually, M$ has a tool that tracks you online. It showed up on search engines for a few weeks, then vanished. It was REDICULOUS. I don't know who uses it, but it uses the MS search engine to spider and cross-reference all of your online aliases.

A little off-topic, but noteworthy. Don't think creating an alias protects you. If there's any link between the two (IP or otherwise), there are tool sthat will connect the dots.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

Actually, M$ has a tool that tracks you online. It showed up on search engines for a few weeks, then vanished. It was REDICULOUS. I don't know who uses it, but it uses the MS search engine to spider and cross-reference all of your online aliases.

A little off-topic, but noteworthy. Don't think creating an alias protects you. If there's any link between the two (IP or otherwise), there are tool sthat will connect the dots.

So you think MS would give that info to Google?

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006

What do you mean?

The site doesn't show up on MSN searches either (if that's what you meant).

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

What do you mean?

The site doesn't show up on MSN searches either (if that's what you meant).[/quote]

The OP mentioned a Google search. You talked about a MS tool. I don't know that MS would give anything to Google intentionally.

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006

What do you mean?

The site doesn't show up on MSN searches either (if that's what you meant).

The OP mentioned a Google search. You talked about a MS tool. I don't know that MS would give anything to Google intentionally.[/quote]

Ah ok. Yeah actually I originally found the site with a google search for something completely different. (I think I actually googled my 2 primary e-mail addresses or something to see if they were connected anywhere. Something like that.)

I played with the tool for a couple of weeks, then I couldn't find it again. It was insane. You could search an online alias, and it would provide a list of all possible a.k.a.s, with links to cached versions of the pages where it found the cross-references, and a clickable link to search the person's name. It also had "Real Name" fields, probabilities that the a.k.a. was the person you searched for, etc. It was insane.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Topic is over... Found a hoster... continue to bitch and moan all you want... Hijack it and have fun... I will update my original and first post with the results... and my opinion, which isnt positive... Thanks!

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I played with the tool for a couple of weeks, then I couldn't find it again.

Maybe it initially mistook you for a manager?

Perhaps. I just assumed it was never meant for public use, wasn't advertised but also wasn't secured. It may have also been meant for public use, but someone decided to pull the plug on it for security reasons (or a security company/gov't purchased exclusive rights).

There was no security (username/pass) at the time though. I thought it was just a new public service (part of live) until it went away. If I knew then what I know now I would've taken screen shots or something :(:(:(

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
----------------------------------------------------------
Back on Topic - Ignorance and Thread Highjacking
Why is it that "Clueless" is always highjacking threads... making unconfirmened claims, acting like an Ass, and never gives any actual solutions! In fact... I have yet to see a single thing that he has provided to this forum... I have never seen him help someone... though I do see him put people down...

I come to help people... call it a part of my quest in life to make a difference... to contribute to society, and to make someones life easier...

I come to hear what others have to say... To learn from them, and to listen...

My question is... WHY DO YOU COME HERE CLUELESS?

------------------------------------------
Back to Original Topic - Excel Sheet
------------------------------------------

Overclockers never use effective frequency. They're just for marketing people to fock people's brain up.

At stock it's 266FSB:266RAM

well there is a certain life and honesty to the numbers... They dont run everything at 1/2 multiplier so that they can double their ram numbers and then market the PC as a 2400MHz FSB!

There is a reason they choose a multiplier of 11 and a FSB of 266 for the X6800... Its a bit pointless to point this out, but it does hint to some engineering reasoning behind it...

---------------------
Anyways, why do you recommend 1:1 even with people who have very high rated memory speeds? Shouldnt I run my memory as close to its specified value as possible... For example... 11 Multiplier at 319fsb with a ratio that is 1 below the max would run the CPU at 3.33Ghz and the Memory at around 1066...

---------------------
My Excel Sheet
---------------------
I calculated memory ratio by using the Memory MHz speed for my excel sheet differently. I figured

(FSB * 4) * (X/1066) = Memory Speed

This is proven with a

266 * 4 * (800/1066) = 800

The Values the memory can be set to by looking at the bios with a 266 Mhz FSB represent X = 1066, 889, 800, 667, 533, and 400. Resulting in Ratios of: 1, .834, .725, .5, .375

What your telling me is that my idea of memory multipliers (listed above) are 1/2 the actual values and that memory speed is calulated with the following equation:

(FSB * 2) * Memory Multiplier = Memory Speed

Either way The results givin on my excel sheet are accurate. The issue is to display the ratio and equations right... When I asked for the memory ratios, no one gave me a answer... So I figured it out myself..

-----------------
No, 1:1 gives a memory speed of 533. The FSB is 1066. Mem speed @ 1:1 is double the FSB. :wink:
Then what are the other Memory Multipliers.... I asked for this information awhile ago and couldnt get it... I always thought it was 4 instruction sets per memory request... Because of Hyperthreading...
----------------------

Im happy with my excel sheet. I got the information I needed when asking for it failed. I created answers that are right... and I put it in a way that people seem to like... I hope others think the same thing...

------------------------

Mike

PS Wusy, you think in the FSB... and I think in that marketing mombo jumbo overall ram speeds...

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Back on Topic - Ignorance and Thread Highjacking
Why is it that "Clueless" is always highjacking threads... making unconfirmened claims, acting like an Ass, and never gives any actual solutions! In fact... I have yet to see a single thing that he has provided to this forum... I have never seen him help someone... though I do see him put people down...

Tell you what, dude... I'll put $10,000 bucks in your Paypal account for every time up till this instant that someone on this forum has thanked you for your help. All you have to do is put $10K in my account for every time someone on this forum has thanked me for my help.

Basically, you've made a claim against me and I'm giving you a chance to put your money where your mouth is. I mean, a tough talker like you surely is willing to back up this claim - or is it just slander?

C'mon punk, make my day...

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
...You make my point by the post...

Tell you what, dude... I'll put $10,000 bucks in your Paypal account for every time up till this instant that I pissed off someone on this forum. And all you have to do is put $10K in my account for every time you pissed someone off on this forum.

Basically, you've made a claim against me and I'm giving you a chance to put your money where your mouth is. I mean, a tough talker like you surely is willing to back up this claim - or is it just slander?

C'mon punk, make my day...

---- I like My rules, dont you? Or are you a Puss ----

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
...You make my point by the post... Why would I put money on it?

You won't put any money on it because:

a) you're chicken, cluck, cluck

2) you have no idea what my typical post looks like

iii) you can't afford the balance sheet

-------------

I make your point? You said:

"Why is it that "Clueless" is always highjacking threads... making unconfirmened claims, acting like an Ass, and never gives any actual solutions! In fact... I have yet to see a single thing that he has provided to this forum... I have never seen him help someone... though I do see him put people down... "

Right there, black and white, you say I never give any actual solutions. "Never" is a very absolute word. You say that you've never seen me help anyone. I assert that this is proof that you have no idea what kind of contributions I've made. Basically, you are spewing sh!t that you have no foundation for. So I'm calling you out - stand behind your words or STFU.

I will put 10,000 grand for every person Ive pissed off against your 10,000 grand for everyone you have...

That's an obvious follow-up, but the thing is, I'm not on a crusade to slander your name like you have been doing to me. I'm not spewing lies about you as you are about me. So quit trying to divert - stand behind your words or STFU.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
You pay money for higher costing chips because they are selected to be better then the others... Only the best get to be X6800 the rest are pushed to lower multipliers that are locked... I read the OC reports, and I read the OC Benchmarks, and I read the Non-OC benchmarks, and I had some money... So I bought the best:)

The rest has to be sorted out with testing...

The problem without buying the best, is that you have no room for error...

I water cool... NO2 is simply not reliable and practicle... Phasechange and peltiers are also just insainely expensive and just not worth the money...

I respect your knowledge wussy, and your opinions... you are probably one of the smartest guys here... but I do disagree with you on some points... and I have seen people use the higher quality ram with higher running Memory speeds.

Mike

--- The Ironic part is that my Motherboard Sucks...

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Clueless...

There are so many things I could say right now... but I am not into going to...

I just dont care... You waste my time...

Do what you want... say what you want... be what you want... just please dont answer any posts I start... and I will do the same for you...

You know what I think of you... and I stand by my statements... Im sorry that your hurt... I will pray for you.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Do what you want... say what you want... be what you want... just please dont answer any posts I start... and I will do the same for you...

Sorry dewd, no promises. This is a forum, not your podium.

You know what I think of you... and I stand by my statements... Im sorry that your hurt... I will pray for you.

You're gonna have to dig alot deeper to hurt me, little guy. Earlier in the thread, I told you I was teasing you about the thread title. That's about as far as I'll go in an apologetic direction. Yes, yes, I realize that you are proud of your Excel sheet and you want to share it. Sharing is cool. I'm no big league overclocker but I've read tips by people pushing big clocks and I've never seen any of them use a spreadsheet approach. All of the how-tos I read by the experts are systematic, patient, pay your dues formulas. So your sheet may be cool and some folks here might love it so much as to turn it into a poster, but I'll pass.

Here, just to show how I help people out on this forum, I'll re-post a couple of links I've given from time to time. Based on your other thread, you could really use to learn some of this stuff:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

http://www.pcguide.com/byop/index.htm

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I water cool... NO2 is simply not reliable and practicle...

Are you implying that people use NO2 for cooling? I've never heard of that. In fact, I'd think it would corrode the IHS, the mobo, basically anything it touched.

H2O + NO2 reacts to form HNO3, otherwise known as nitric acid.

Ambient humidity is a sufficient source of water...

Phasechange and peltiers are also just insainely expensive and just not worth the money...

I've seen Peltiers on ebay for like $6. I've used them to cool detectors, etc. and they are not worth the effort to me because I'm not trying for an extreme OC. If I wanted to go beyond the clock I could get by water cooling, then a TEC might look like a bargain.

I respect your knowledge wussy, and your opinions... you are probably one of the smartest guys here... but I do disagree with you on some points... and I have seen people use the higher quality ram with higher running Memory speeds.

It's great to see you educating wusy on the finer points of overclocking...

tommydee

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
Im sorry that your hurt.

You're gonna have to dig alot deeper to hurt me, little guy.

Mike, why do you care what these children say? Clue69Less is nobody. Leave him here alone talking to himself.

I've read tips by people pushing big clocks and I've never seen any of them use a spreadsheet approach.

Read tips? Very impressive. That makes your opinion of spreadsheets so valuable.

Be sure to write a long response that shows how cool you are. Yeah, do that.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Mike, why do you care what these children say? Clue69Less is nobody. Leave him here alone talking to himself.

Yea, Mike, do as he says, not as he does. It's so easy to disrespect someone that preaches one thing and does another...

Be sure to write a long response that shows how cool you are. Yeah, do that.

You going for the world record panty wad I see...