Question Overclocking i5-11600k on H570 mobo.

FXingSerious

Honorable
Jan 15, 2016
Hello,

I am aware that the only chipset that allows overclocking the K models via multiplier are the Z series on Intel side. I went over the BIOS of my Asrock H570 Phantom Gaming 4, which is a cheap board and noticed it had the CPU Ratio setting available. Am I missing something? I was able to set it to 4.6 Ghz on BIOS but it wouldn't allow me to increase the ratio past 4.6.
Coming from AMD I have never encountered such restrictions unless you are using a really cheap motherboard like the 760G or the A320.

Hello,

I am aware that the only chipset that allows overclocking the K models via multiplier are the Z series on Intel side. I went over the BIOS of my Asrock H570 Phantom Gaming 4, which is a cheap board and noticed it had the CPU Ratio setting available. Am I missing something? I was able to set it to 4.6 Ghz on BIOS but it wouldn't allow me to increase the ratio past 4.6.
Coming from AMD I have never encountered such restrictions unless you are using a really cheap motherboard like the 760G or the A320.
well simple, it's because the turbo for that chip maxed at x46. If you need an oc chip go Z490 or Z590. Otherwise you cant do it.

Reactions: FXingSerious