Overclocking intel e5700 @ stock

hey friends i really need help about overclocking the cpu.i do not know much knowledge regarding cpu overclocking.

my cousin has old pc it has intel e5700 dual core @3.0ghz with intel stock cooler.he has hd 7770 and it bottlenecks in games.he want to overclock that cpu to 3.3ghz with stock cooler,i know overclocking at stock is not reccomend but he will get cm cooler after 1 months.i had go through his bios and it can easily overclocks and i can raise fsb but i heard that we also have to tweak the voltages.but i am noob about overclocking.please suggest me proper steps and how to use prime95 software.

his specs:

intel e5700 @3.0ghz
gigabtye g41 s2p
4gb ddr3 ram
windows 7

his bios:

Cpu clock ratio - (15x)

Fine cpu clock ratio (+0.0)

Cpu host freqency fsb (200)

cpu v core - 1.28750 v

please help guys :)

Solution
Set volt to auto and raise fsb.
Run stress tester like intel burn test or orthos to at least 8 hours for stability.
if not stable then overclocking can wait for your friend to buy a cooler and if stable
buy a cooler also then
Since its a small mobo either buy a CM txt3 evo or a closed loop liquid cooler :sol:

sanilmahambre

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
Set volt to auto and raise fsb.
Run stress tester like intel burn test or orthos to at least 8 hours for stability.
if not stable then overclocking can wait for your friend to buy a cooler and if stable
buy a cooler also then
Since its a small mobo either buy a CM txt3 evo or a closed loop liquid cooler :sol:

Solution