Apr 24, 2020
I'm pretty new to overclocking, So I decided to look for some videos to overclock my CPU. I went to BIOS and changed my CPU frequency to 4200. At previous, it was at 3600, so I changed it to 4200. Once I did that, I saved all my changes my pressing F10 and I went back to windows opened task manager and it still says I'm at 3.6 GHz at base speed? Shouldn't it be at 4.2 GHz? (I'm using a Ryzen 5 2600x). Is anyone willing to help and find a solution for this?

Solution
OCing voids your warranty and could damage your components...so proceed at your own risk.
Use OC Tweaker to hange the CPU Frequency and Voltage from Auto to Manual.
After making those changes you have the option to increase both, the frequency and voltage.
I suggest increasing both in steps and checking system stability and temps.
You should not increase voltage above 1.38V.
Apr 24, 2020
Did you know Ryzen 5 2600x can reach 4.2GHz without OCing.
Which motherboard do you have?
Could you post your system components.
Did you make any other changes besides increasing the frequency of the CPU?
I have a ryzen 5 2600x ASRock b450, rtx 2060, 600 WATT PSU, 16 GB of RAM. No I did not make any changes in bios besides increasing the frequency. I kept the voltage on 1.18700 and I kept SOC voltage on AUTO. My mother board is an ASRock B450

OCing voids your warranty and could damage your components...so proceed at your own risk.
Use OC Tweaker to hange the CPU Frequency and Voltage from Auto to Manual.
After making those changes you have the option to increase both, the frequency and voltage.
I suggest increasing both in steps and checking system stability and temps.
You should not increase voltage above 1.38V.

Solution
There is little or no benefit from OC'ing that generation of Ryzen, the CPU's do a great job with the built-in boost Algorithums. Yes you can set the base core clock higher but the you limit it's boost. I have my Ryzen 2700x for over a year now and have tried soooo many different OC setiings, and while I might get a better benchmark score it made no wrothwhile increase in day to day or gaming,

They are not Intel, they do what they are made to do without much input from the end user. Just enjoy the fact you have a stable and reliable system. If you do want to overclock looking at a few videos is not real preperation, this may help you.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/how-to-overclock-amd-ryzen-cpus

Remember that the CPU is only 1 part of the sytem, RAM, GPU must be able to handle the OC and may also need to be adjusted. Also your PSU MUST be of decent quality and be able to provide a stable and constant voltage supply to your system.

Apr 24, 2020
There is little or no benefit from OC'ing that generation of Ryzen, the CPU's do a great job with the built-in boost Algorithums. Yes you can set the base core clock higher but the you limit it's boost. I have my Ryzen 2700x for over a year now and have tried soooo many different OC setiings, and while I might get a better benchmark score it made no wrothwhile increase in day to day or gaming,

They are not Intel, they do what they are made to do without much input from the end user. Just enjoy the fact you have a stable and reliable system. If you do want to overclock looking at a few videos is not real preperation, this may help you.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/how-to-overclock-amd-ryzen-cpus

Remember that the CPU is only 1 part of the sytem, RAM, GPU must be able to handle the OC and may also need to be adjusted. Also your PSU MUST be of decent quality and be able to provide a stable and constant voltage supply to your system.
So should I basically just leave it as it is and move on?