Question Overheating HP OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1630ND, GPU hotspot temp 100+ degrees

Aug 27, 2024
Hello,

My GPU is overheating and I cant find what the reason is. Is it the airflow of the prebuild case that is bad? Is it the gpu only overheating, and causing other parts to overheat too? Or is everything overheating on its own. If I play games that need good cpu and gpu, my GPU temps rise to 100+ (Hotspot temperature). I have much lower FPS than pcs with worse specs.

PC Specs:
CPU: i7 11700k
GPU: HP Geforce 3080
2x 1tb SSD
750 watt PSU
4x8 gb ram, ddr4, 3200 MT/S

Temperatures idle:
CPU Core temperatures (DTS?) 50, (Enhanced?) 54.
GPU: 35, with hotspot 45.
SSDS around 50.

Temperature while gaming:
CPU: core temperatures (DTS?) 70, (Enhanced?) 78
GPU: 75-85, hotspot 95-102 degrees.
SSDS: around 60

Fans are working, dust cleaned.

I also saw some damp on my motherboard. Can someone please help me and find if its my GPU thats only overheating or that I need a completely new case, motherboard and better cooling? Or do I have a bottleneck too thats causing my fps losses. I asked my friend if i needed to repaste GPU, he said it was not the problem probably becasue the gpu is max 3-4 years old. Thanks for your help already.

Ralston18

Titan
Two things:

1) Make and model PSU? Age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy gaming or video editing?

2) This: "I also saw some damp on my motherboard" : are you able to take a couple of photographs showing "the damp"?

If so, do so and post the photographs here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Or at least try to provide more information: e.g., location on the motherboard, colors, nearby components, etc..

Aug 27, 2024
Two things:

1) Make and model PSU? Age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy gaming or video editing?

2) This: "I also saw some damp on my motherboard" : are you able to take a couple of photographs showing "the damp"?

If so, do so and post the photographs here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Or at least try to provide more information: e.g., location on the motherboard, colors, nearby components, etc..

1. PSU L84096-003 coolermaster 750 Watt I think. The PC is from end 2021, it was new. Its mainly used for playing heavy games, but also some simple games like counterstrike.

2.https://imgur.com/a/kQfxQrP