Question Overwatch Audio Stuttering / Freezing

Nov 18, 2019
Hey, I've got an issue with my pc that's driving me absolutely nuts. Most games run perfectly fine on my slightly outdated pc, but for some reason a couple of games have an audio stutter.
The stutter occurs only in Overwatch and in League of Legends, and seems to have the audio run for a second or two, then drop out for a couple of seconds, then return again. The stutter doesn't affect the framerate (purely audio stutter).
In Overwatch , often after half a minute of the stutter the whole game freezes up, and my GPU completely stops running. I've found that by removing the HDMI cable from the GPU allowed the GPU to restart and allowed the game to run again but with the same stuttering problem.
Also, sometimes I'll load Overwatch, and the stutter will only go on for around a minute and then will go away and allow me to play with no stutter or freezing at all (but this is really rare).

I've currently tried:

*Updating graphics drivers

*Updating audio drivers

*Running the game with the GPU removed (League still stuttered, and I couldn't load Overwatch)

*Replacing my HDD with an SSD

*Running games as administrator

I'm a little bit new to working on pc's so I haven't tried updating BIOS just because I'm a little bit nervous to. Not sure if this would be the cause of the problem though.
Nothing really seems to be working and It's driving me insane! Overall my pc works exactly as intended, with most games running at solid fps at high/ultra settings, so the stutter isn't any sort of lag issue.

My pc's specs:

Intel core i7 2600 @3.4GHz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Windforce
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
ASUS Motherboard (not sure of exact model)

If anyone has any thoughts it'd be really appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the version for your OS if you're on Windows 10.

It'd also be a good idea to see which version of BIOS you're currently on for your motherboard? Did you try running DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstalling the latest from Nvidia's support site? You should also include the age of your PSU.

Nov 18, 2019
Thanks for the tips Lutfij. At the moment, my motherboard has BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. 1805.
Windows version is 10.0.18362 Build 18362. (Windows 10 Pro)
Also, I didn't use DDU to uninstall my GPU drivers, I simply updated them. I might give DDU a try to see if that makes a difference.
And for my power supply, I have no idea how old it is because I bought the pc second hand. It does have significant coil whine under load though.
Cheers.