Overwatch total download size

anx101

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Hi
I know this is a completely noob question to ask, but what is the current size of the total overwatch DL? I wanna buy it and am wondering if I should download it or just buy a physical installation disc.

Solution
The Overwatch install on my PC is taking up 9.74GB. I would just buy whichever way is cheaper. Once you redeem your key and install there is no difference between physical and digital.

Keep in mind that they sell a $40 standard edition digitally in addition to the $60 Origins Edition. The only difference between them are some exclusive skins and goodies for other Blizzard games.

I have also seen the Origins Edition on sale for $35 several times. The standard edition doesn't seem to get discounted often.

anx101

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

I realize that. But just for comparison I wanna calculate which option is gonna cost me less...! Plus I have a 250gb SSD and have a bunch of other games installed. I want to check whether I have to get rid of one of them

anx101

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Not on steam. I dont think any blizzard games are on steam. They have a separate application for all their games. And the Blizzard app doesn't show you the download file size until you buy the game and start the download.

king3pj

Distinguished
The Overwatch install on my PC is taking up 9.74GB. I would just buy whichever way is cheaper. Once you redeem your key and install there is no difference between physical and digital.

Keep in mind that they sell a $40 standard edition digitally in addition to the $60 Origins Edition. The only difference between them are some exclusive skins and goodies for other Blizzard games.

I have also seen the Origins Edition on sale for $35 several times. The standard edition doesn't seem to get discounted often.

Solution

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the games are nice to have on a ssd and yours is not a small one but in reality is better to have a hard disk with the game you use less or the one you don't need to load faster, like overwatch, to start a match you need the machine to load faster the maps, so this one should be on the ssd

other games that doesn't make load map times a big deal, should go in the hard disk, on a dual hard disk system you eventually will find the hard disk, a decent one, not a slower model, good enough for most games

so keep the ones you want to load faster on the ssd and the others in the hard disk

about the steam games, i honestly don't open steam anymore so after i install a game i buy, i never open it