P1130, the only Trinitron game in town?

Does anyone find it odd that Dell seems to be the only OEM that still has a
21" monitor with a Trinitron tube readily available? Heck, even
Sonystyle.com doesn't have any save the $1500+ Artisan with shroud and color
correction system.

"Shiranui Gen-An" <shiranuigenan@supamu-ga-kirai-da.bellsouth.net> wrote in
message news:iiEfc.50198$oj6.40307@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> Does anyone find it odd that Dell seems to be the only OEM that still has
> 21" monitor with a Trinitron tube readily available? Heck, even
> Sonystyle.com doesn't have any save the $1500+ Artisan with shroud and
color
> correction system.

Try looking around for the IBM P275 (in black or beige). It is indeed a
Trinitron. I have the 19" version, the IBM P96, which is nearly identical
to the Dell P991 in specifications. Mine was made in Japan, not Mexico:

http://www.azatek.com/details.asp?iid=510

http://odin.harddrive.com/search.do?searchItemNo=M21+IBM+P275BLACK

http://www.nextag.com/IBM_All~21+monitorzIBMz43m3az0zB1hqczttz5-htm

http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-IBM_P_275_21_in~S-2~OR-0~PG-1

Good luck,

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "Shiranui Gen-An" <shiranuigenan@supamu-ga-kirai-da.bellsouth.net> wrote
in
> message news:iiEfc.50198$oj6.40307@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> > Does anyone find it odd that Dell seems to be the only OEM that still
has
> > 21" monitor with a Trinitron tube readily available? Heck, even
> > Sonystyle.com doesn't have any save the $1500+ Artisan with shroud and
> color
> > correction system.
> >

> Try looking around for the IBM P275 (in black or beige). It is indeed a
> Trinitron. I have the 19" version, the IBM P96, which is nearly identical
> to the Dell P991 in specifications. Mine was made in Japan, not Mexico:
>
> http://www.azatek.com/details.asp?iid=510
>
> http://odin.harddrive.com/search.do?searchItemNo=M21+IBM+P275BLACK
>
> http://www.nextag.com/IBM_All~21+monitorzIBMz43m3az0zB1hqczttz5-htm
>
> http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-IBM_P_275_21_in~S-2~OR-0~PG-1

That's odd that other retailers still show it in stock, unless they simply
haven't run out of what they had already. IBM doesn't even list it on its
site anymore; the C220 (Diamondtron tube) has replaced it.

"Shiranui Gen-An" <shiranuigenan@supamu-ga-kirai-da.bellsouth.net> wrote in
message news:8tHfc.50324$oj6.31743@bignews6.bellsouth.net...

> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Shiranui Gen-An" <shiranuigenan@supamu-ga-kirai-da.bellsouth.net> wrote
> in
> > message news:iiEfc.50198$oj6.40307@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> > > Does anyone find it odd that Dell seems to be the only OEM that still
> has
> > > 21" monitor with a Trinitron tube readily available? Heck, even
> > > Sonystyle.com doesn't have any save the $1500+ Artisan with shroud and
> > color
> > > correction system.
> > >

> > Try looking around for the IBM P275 (in black or beige). It is indeed a
> > Trinitron. I have the 19" version, the IBM P96, which is nearly
identical
> > to the Dell P991 in specifications. Mine was made in Japan, not Mexico:
> >
> > http://www.azatek.com/details.asp?iid=510
> >
> > http://odin.harddrive.com/search.do?searchItemNo=M21+IBM+P275BLACK
> >
> > http://www.nextag.com/IBM_All~21+monitorzIBMz43m3az0zB1hqczttz5-htm
> >
> > http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-IBM_P_275_21_in~S-2~OR-0~PG-1
> >

> That's odd that other retailers still show it in stock, unless they simply
> haven't run out of what they had already. IBM doesn't even list it on its
> site anymore; the C220 (Diamondtron tube) has replaced it.

I know I bought mine from IBM directly off of ebay at a very good price.
However, mine is *beige*, and the entire IBM desktop line was soon to be
black. I felt like they were moving those because they wouldn't match.

Contact some of the retailers on the low end of those prices and see what
you can find out. It is indeed a Trinitron.

> I know I bought mine from IBM directly off of ebay at a very good price.
> However, mine is *beige*, and the entire IBM desktop line was soon to be
> black. I felt like they were moving those because they wouldn't match.
>
> Contact some of the retailers on the low end of those prices and see what
> you can find out. It is indeed a Trinitron.

Oh it was more a question out of curiosity. I just got an NEC FP2141SB from
Dell.com (10% off, free ground shipping, additional $30 off via coupon) so
I'm pretty happy with it. I can't imagine the P1130/P275/CDP-G520(P)
looking any better since they have lower horizontal scanning frequency
(130kHz vs 140kHz for the NEC).

"Shiranui Gen-An" <shiranuigenan@supamu-ga-kirai-da.bellsouth.net> wrote in
message news:iiEfc.50198$oj6.40307@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> Does anyone find it odd that Dell seems to be the only OEM that still has
> 21" monitor with a Trinitron tube readily available? Heck, even
> Sonystyle.com doesn't have any save the $1500+ Artisan with shroud and
color
> correction system.

In case you were using the term "trinitron" in the brand-name sense and not
the technology sense: Don't forget that the trinitron patent has expired out
from under sony, leaving a bunch of other manufacturers free to build
tripple-gun aperture grill monitors.

"Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:7u2gc.4536$635.1760@nwrdny03.gnilink.net...

> "Shiranui Gen-An" <shiranuigenan@supamu-ga-kirai-da.bellsouth.net> wrote
in
> message news:iiEfc.50198$oj6.40307@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> > Does anyone find it odd that Dell seems to be the only OEM that still
has
> > 21" monitor with a Trinitron tube readily available? Heck, even
> > Sonystyle.com doesn't have any save the $1500+ Artisan with shroud and
> color
> > correction system.
>

> In case you were using the term "trinitron" in the brand-name sense and
not
> the technology sense: Don't forget that the trinitron patent has expired
out
> from under sony, leaving a bunch of other manufacturers free to build
> tripple-gun aperture grill monitors.

I speak of the actual Sony-manufuactured Trinitron tube. Most of the AG
monitors out now use Mitsubishi's Diamondtron tube, which seem to be much
brighter than Sony's tube.

TRENDING THREADS